For sale section policies

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 5 months ago #16911 by levyte357
For sale section policies was created by levyte357
After reading post by bruce@SP on their For sale section, seems it is approaching critical mass.

Maybe time to address similar issues here, while FSP is still Utopia? :lol:

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #16916 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic For sale section policies
Not sure I get the problem on there?
Is it because it is free?
Also really don't think any action needed here, quite the opposite infact. Could be just what is needed.

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 5 months ago #16917 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic For sale section policies

nickyburnell wrote: Not sure I get the problem on there?
Also really don't think any action needed here, quite the opposite infact. Could be just what is needed.

Problem is newbies coming on, repeat posting, bumping every few hours,
Trade sellers often taking the mickey with multi-page pdf docs of items for sale, often with VAT added, but no reduction for forum users,
or even selling items for thousands of pounds, purely due to free adverts policy.

Sellers abusing trusting nature of forum users, accepting payment but not shipping item, or returning calls.

Apparently Bruce@SP deals with legal issues/solicitors often, as forum is legally responsible, if direct selling is taking place on it.

Rules on SP now are, items MUST be listed elsewhere, but links to original ad can be placed on SP, so any legal ramifications
are with site hosting original ad.

Still think no changes needed here ? smiley2

More
12 years 5 months ago #16918 by bee
Replied by bee on topic For sale section policies
easy dont allow any sellers to post items that include vat payment on top.......

More
12 years 5 months ago #16920 by bee
a post on the other side by one member........

quote......

So if everyone now lists their gear for sale on Freespeakerplans and puts a link up on here along with their posting then this is all OK then according to the new rules.

end quote........

this site would then have the same legal issues........ not good....... or legal issues past'd over to this site...... :thumbdown:

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 5 months ago #16922 by levyte357

bee wrote: easy dont allow any sellers to post items that include vat payment on top.......

Yep, however, goes further than that.

Think current solution over there is pretty neat, with minimum of obstruction.

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 5 months ago #16923 by levyte357

bee wrote: a post on the other side by one member........

quote......

So if everyone now lists their gear for sale on Freespeakerplans and puts a link up on here along with their posting then this is all OK then according to the new rules.

end quote........

this site would then have the same legal issues........ not good....... or legal issues past'd over to this site...... :thumbdown:

My point exactly.... Hence time to call Flo' & 'BomB. :lol:

More
12 years 5 months ago #16925 by bee
the only issue with the new rules over there is, the little bits......

for example, you break down an old cab, and have 4 casters that are in good nick, you put them up for sale for a tenner..... because they will be of use to someone.... now you will just bin em, cos it aint worth the time to post on ebay first etc........ i think a minimum amount would of been better, i.e. all items under £100 are ok to list......

i get the legal stuff, but the new rules will mean people will miss out...... most members have built there first system from other peopls unwanted bits........

secondly, where does this new rule leave the independent builders etc..... ok this does not effect me now as im only building for Ligwa but, does it mean if a client is not happy with a build they can take legal action out on the forum because thats where they first got in contact....... its one big can of worms....... this can and will effect most of us....... If a site has grown that big, and the for sale section is a big reason why, then charge to list items and get the correct insurance cover....... simples......

or stop company's from advertising to the scale they do for free.....

Its a bit like the government in the uk, screw the little guys and let the filthy rich get richer.....

More
12 years 5 months ago #16926 by simonh
Replied by simonh on topic For sale section policies

levyte357 wrote:

nickyburnell wrote: Not sure I get the problem on there?

Problem is newbies coming on, repeat posting, bumping every few hours,
Trade sellers often taking the mickey with multi-page pdf docs of items for sale, often with VAT added, but no reduction for forum users,
or even selling items for thousands of pounds, purely due to free adverts policy.

Sellers abusing trusting nature of forum users, accepting payment but not shipping item, or returning calls.

Apparently Bruce@SP deals with legal issues/solicitors often, as forum is legally responsible, if direct selling is taking place on it.

Rules on SP now are, items MUST be listed elsewhere, but links to original ad can be placed on SP, so any legal ramifications
are with site hosting original ad.

Still think no changes needed here ? smiley2

I agree with you Lev, if it wasn't for the forum users that abused their privileges when posting in the for sale section in SP, I guess it wouldn't of been changed. Annoying that a small user group has gone and messed it up for the rest of us.

More
12 years 5 months ago #17027 by nick sasquash
Replied by nick sasquash on topic For sale section policies
"If a site has grown that big, and the for sale section is a big reason why, then charge to list items and get the correct insurance cover....... simples......

or stop company's from advertising to the scale they do for free.....

Its a bit like the government in the uk, screw the little guys and let the filthy rich get richer"

Yes Bee +1

I honestly think its a business decision & that SP will earn money being an affiliate of ebay...
I Also think they could make good money via subscriptions & other methods instead they opted for ebay because its simple & much less work for site owner & mods... At the end of the day i cant say i blame them, just very disappointed.

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds