cubo 18 build pics

More
13 years 3 months ago #13728 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic cubo 18 build pics
T18's with the original 2.5" coil EV drivers are 100hz monsters.
T18's with 186 are nice 50hz cabs. XB's also work well.
You may have trouble with magnet poking out too far with the 1850's though. Be interesting to see if they will fit cone out (reverse polarity).

If they do fit cone out, try them wired normal for a laugh, then keep walking backwards, lots. smiley2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 3 months ago #13731 by bee
Replied by bee on topic cubo 18 build pics
due to issues at my gig i finished early and got to club venue for 10:30, there where a few issues with the x-over settings, but once with some help from a friend of ben's, the system came alive. the cubos sounded very warm with loads of bottom end. Very happy with the sound of the cubo's (alot of sound for such a small box) :-D . I think im gonna make a few more for myself......... over all they sounded very clear, clean and warm...........

nicky thats sounds like a fun, if i get time ill have a play over the next few weeks, ill keep you posted........

More
13 years 3 months ago #13734 by Gingernuts
Replied by Gingernuts on topic cubo 18 build pics
As Be. says we had a few issue's with xover settings but after four very trained ears gave me a little heads up goods things were happening. We need to get these out in a larger venue as we had masses of head room and to be honist didn't give the subs the power they deserved. Before the Venue opened we ramped them up a bit as the manager wasn't around and managed to knock a few glasses of the bar lol! Overall verry impressed with these subs, I think I want another four now and maybe a couple of 12's a side for the kick. Once again thanks to Cubo for the designs and Be. for his excellent build.

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 3 months ago #13747 by bee
Replied by bee on topic cubo 18 build pics
nicky by changing the t18 slightly, you will get the 1850 to fit. We used to run the t18's back in the day with one driver in the chamber, and one out 4 a side, boy were they loud....... I remember see this done, and was well impressed, so change the ones we had to the same configuration. If you keep the t18 as plan but put a 35mm over hang on the front, with grill, the 1850 should have room....... Ill knock one up out of mdf and see........

More
13 years 3 months ago #13764 by nickyburnell
Fired mine up today, mmm.

I've had this happen before, so maybe I shouldn't compare with 2x18's or reflex cab.

The Cubo 18 is loaded with a Fane XB.
I can say it's loud, for such a tiny cab it produces a lot of noise, but it is that, "angry" sort of bass.
The further back you stand it's smoother, but in no way can it match the quality of my 2x18's. A big bass drop that rolls off is perfect on the reflex cab, loud on the Cubo but missing notes.

I should add I have come to this conclusion with t18's, Staip Micro Scoop, Rhinos and USB's.
So it may well be my aged preference for refllex that is colouring my judgment.

Nice sized cab, I shall be finding a neo driver and keeping it to supliment 2 x 15 on stick jobs.

Nick

• heathrow_b_line
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 3 months ago #13765 by heathrow_b_line
Replied by heathrow_b_line on topic cubo 18 build pics
the more horn cabs you have - the smoother the response

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.

More
13 years 3 months ago #13766 by nickyburnell

Heathrow_B_Line wrote: the more horn cabs you have - the smoother the response

Yes, well put. It seems that way with Barrys Turbomax loaded USB's. IMO a horrible cab that comes alive in a block of six.

Some more 2x18's for me.

More
13 years 3 months ago #13778 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic cubo 18 build pics
For that smooth roll-off use Cubo Sub (with the magnet in the horn). Smooth, low bass, just like with a large reflex tuned around 30 Hz. But from all current Cubo designs Cubo 18 is the loudest per cabinet.

I would be interested to hear the review, compared to a T18.

Best regards

Cubo

More
13 years 3 months ago #13779 by nickyburnell
:clap: As always such a gent.
Open minded to critics, helpful in every way.
A model to us all.

Many thanks Cubo :clap:

More
13 years 3 months ago #13814 by Gingernuts
Replied by Gingernuts on topic cubo 18 build pics
Just wanted to add we had two CUBO's out last night in a 200 cap venue run from a bridged proline and they spanked the arse out of the place with plenty of headroom! Nothing but good comments so thanks Be. and of course Cubo himself. I'll get pics up asap!

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds