Pre-Gig jitters !!!/ Big debut!!!!

• bjm362
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 7 months ago #11141 by bjm362
Pre-Gig jitters !!!/ Big debut!!!! was created by bjm362
This has been a wild ride so far, but I think tomorrow night is really the beginning! At least I hope so !!!!!

About a year ago some buddies of mine were encouraging me to try and learn the bass.
Last april I bought one of these www.amazon.com/Electric-Acoustic-Guitar-...sories/dp/B003HUWCLA . BTW, I paid a bit more for mine. I did wind up having the bridge filed down too, but I still believe it was a well worthwhile investment.

I started trying to learn bass via internet sites such as Studybass.com and Gospelbass.com as well as tableture.
And I began jamming a bit with a variety of people.

In May a KILLER Guitarist that I know heard me play 2 songs and was adament that I join him and his drummer in a band!
He also talked me into borrowing the money to buy an electric bass www.ibanez.com/BassGuitars/model-GARTB20 and practice amp www.peavey.com/products/instAmplifiers/b...AX%28r%29%20112.html

Unfortunately the guitarist turned out to be DR. Jeckyll and Mr Hide. He is one of the greatest guys you can know when he is sober but about that third beer he is a handful!

In June the guitarists shananigans got to the point the drummer no longer wanted anything to do with him,thus destroying the band.
I did invite the drummer to jam with some other friends of mine and myself though and he accepted.

My other friends were initially reluctant to allow the drummer to come over because they didn't want any drama from MR Hide to occur in thir studio , but after some convincing they finally agreed to allow an audition. Which BTW happened in July!

Since he is a kick ass drummer ,a really cool vocalist ,and a killer songwriter writer they immediately invited him to join the band!!

In october our guitarist /band leader in the band we had joined anounced we had a gig coming up,specific date and details not yet known but a few months off.

In November I let slip that I had some bench warrants for back tickets.Our band leader let me know I needed to take care of it before the show If I wanted to participate.

January 4th I turned myself in to OKC municipal court and sat out my tickets in jail voluntarily. I just can't make that kind of cash to spare during the winter.

Now Sunday (OMG thats Today !!!) January 30th At the Brewhouse in Norman Oklahoma (here is Reverberations comment on the Brewhouse "About The Brewhouse " "See MoreThe Brewhouse is Oklahoma's only micro-brewery and Norman's largest live music venue and pool hall located downtown.")

The Jack Robison Rock & Roll Concert Benefit !

Benifiting the Regional Food Bank

Featuring:
Built for Speed !!!
The Blades !!!
Phill Brown and Friends
jimijojami

Jimijojami is the openig act,and as part of their grand finally will be introducing to the music scene ME!!!!

Writing this thread helped some,but I still have the pre-show jitters a bit!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #11145 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Pre-Gig jitters !!!/ Big debut!!!!
For some people, nothing beats playing in a band on stage to an audience. Just enjoy the moment. Many musicians don't even get that far. These days I just play to relax. Keeping a band together can be hard work, so good luck.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
13 years 7 months ago #11150 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Pre-Gig jitters !!!/ Big debut!!!!
good one, hope you enjoy it, thats the main thing....... smiley20

• bjm362
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 7 months ago #11167 by bjm362
Replied by bjm362 on topic Pre-Gig jitters !!!/ Big debut!!!!
I'll give details later, but for now all I can say is
What A Night !!!!!!!!

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds