cubo's vs hybrid reflex

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 2 months ago #14353 by bee
cubo's vs hybrid reflex was created by bee
On friday night i was helping another member (ben ember) at a dnb function, i supplied a load of inteligent lighting and helped out with the setting up and running of the sound.

We run 8x 1850 loaded cabs in a row across the front stage area. The cubos on one side and then hybrid reflexes on the other. The cubos had there ports to the floor and the reflexes ports together. on top of this we had 2x 15 kick cabs at each end and 1 2x12 + hf each side. monitor fills for mc's and another set of monitors for dj's

All run off two dbx units, and a nice big pile of amps ranging from qsc's, crowns, and powersoft's the dj's mixer was sent to an aux mixer and split to the main output, dj mons, and mc mons.......

we had a few issues getting the system to sound right, but in the end was well worth the time and effort. The overall sound was insane very clear and the system moved alot of air.

the cubo's not only held there own, but out performed the reflexes on sub duties. Once again big up mr cubo..... one of the highlights was watching us draw 42amps from a 13amp plug......... mentall stuff, and even more inpressive was that the system had alot of head room left in the tank......

we managed to get alot of noise complaints, but the police and venue managers where happy for us to continue as long as we turned off the system dead on 3am........

I took a few pics will try to get them up.........

On sat night i used 2 cubo's for a charity function with some void 3's on top, this system and needs where very differant to friday night. but again the system sounded very clear and warm. the cubo's where crossed higher to meet the tops. On both nights there was nothing but good words to say about the sound quality. cheers ben for the system on sat....... On the down side i managed to fry.......

no not amps

but a few of my lights due to condensation from the heat in the venue on fri.... but ive managed to repair one of them allready........ Big thank you once again to cubo and to ben for letting me play on his system..........

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds