Have I got reasonable kit

More
13 years 1 month ago #14873 by smee
Have I got reasonable kit was created by smee
Hi All. For better or worse, I just bought the following kit. 2nd hand. Carver 2400 amp, Carver 1400 amp with a pair of Community CSX-35 tops and CSX-40 dual bass bins. It is going to be going through a DCX2496. Also I am using a Wharfedale MP-1200 driving a pair of EVP-X500 dual 15" and a pair of P.Audio H118's, being driven by either the Carver 2400 (along with the CSX-40's), or separately by a Behringer EP-2500 or Peavey CS 2000. What would be the best config please.
I am new to this and am just starting out, so need all the help I can get.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #14879 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic Have I got reasonable kit
Don't mix it all up too much.
What spec are the Community bass bins and tops? How many drivers. I'm thinking you mave the makings of a nice stack if you put something subby under all the Community.

Edit, just looked up models, all pretty low powered, but efficient.

Personally you might want to run it all as it is, get the 35's up high off the ground, run them from 110hz up, and the bass 100 down. Use a HPF of 40hz ish.

Then I would look at upgrading the drivers in the cabs, those you have are quite low powered, but I know from experience that they are probably pressed steel and therefore the holes might want opening up to get bigger drivers in.

Part of me says use it, earn with it, sell it though.

The other kit is probably the way to go, add another two 18's so you have 4 x 18 and the 2x15 and you have a nice system.

The more I think, the more I'd sell the Community.

IMHO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds