quick question

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #14991 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic quick question
Hi Joe,

Do you intend to make the Cubo 12 or the Cubo 12 Mod?

For Cubo 12 all drivers mentioned will work. Driver with a lowish Fs (at, under or around 40 Hz) will sound a bit more subby (for instance all high power B&C drivers) and will need/like a bit of power. Higher Fs drivers (45 - 55 Hz or higher) will sound more kicky (nice to very nice transient response aswell).

For Cubo 12 Mod the 12P1000nd is pretty much perfect. High Fs, high power handling. The Celestion will work but has a lower sensitvity in the bass range down from 80 Hz.

A benefit of higher Fs driver, high power handling drivers is that the higher range (near 100 Hz) is often more pronounced getting a rising frequency response (as frequency increases). This will make it sound louder to the human hearing. Lower fs drivers will have to compensate for this subjective difference by increased power handling.

The 12NDL76 will give good results in both designs and will likely have a more pronounced kick. In Cubo Mod it would be good for medium power, the 12P1000nd for high power. Cubo 12 has lower excursion needs as Cubo Mod but has rougly half the subjective output at 40 Hz.

Best regards

Cubo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• joeysub
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #15027 by joeysub
Replied by joeysub on topic quick question
Thanks cubo

I'm undecided on Which one!

I play general music mainly so would need the kick , but sometimes I do the odd d&b nights! Suppose I could always bring my 18"s for sub on those nights , ok I will go for the standard cubo 12! Just need to decide on driver?

Many thanks Mr cubo smiley20

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #15029 by bee
Replied by bee on topic quick question
the cubo 18, loaded with pd1850's more than copes with dnb and dubstep etc. hillerhurtz audio have been running 4 cubos and they sound very nice...... pm ben ember for his view........

www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

check photos of cubos in action......

the cubo 12 sounds just as good but smaller, slightly less spl and wont drop as low as the 18's but should do the job for smaller events.....

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds