Cubo vs. Titan/Tuba

• jaysinet
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #15508 by jaysinet
Cubo vs. Titan/Tuba was created by jaysinet
Posted this about three days ago at the end of another thread and no new posts so thought I would try it's own spot... Thanks

I have been tossing around the idea of building my own subs and was planning on going with the Billfitzmaurice Titan 48's but I am really interested in the Cubo 15 or Cubo 18. Can anyone that knows about the BFM's and the Cubo's just tell me in terms of sound output, throw, dB, SPL, etc, how the BFM horns compare to Cubo's? thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #15513 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo vs. Titan/Tuba
I've never heard any BFM-design and as the plans are hidden it's difficult (next to impossible) to simulate. The Tubo 48 is almost twice the size of Cubo 15 or Cubo 18 for that matter, so it's likely to get more performance out of the driver. It's a front loaded horn so I expect it to sound different at least.
In general front loaded horns are more infamous for sounding "quiet" right in front and rumbling at 200 yards distance. In my personal experience, this is less of a problem with Cubo's. As I do believe as of yet, this is at least partially harmonic distortion related. The rear loaded/ direct radiator character of the Cubo design will allow more harmonic distortion to reach the ear.

I've said it before, that if performance is the prime issue, the best bet is the largest cabinet (still a bet though). I would also bet the Cubo design are more portable. Then again, I do not like to gamble.

Best regards

Cubo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds