Ribbon Tweeters in Monitors

• Borderline P.A.
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago #15742 by Borderline P.A.
Ribbon Tweeters in Monitors was created by Borderline P.A.
Hi,
I just got myself a pair of B&W DM602monitor speakers second hand for £50. They are in excellent condition apart from the fact that one of them has no tweeter in. It must have blown and the previous owner removed it or something. Nevertheless, they surprising still sound really really nice. Anyway, I have decided to reload em with some Ribbon tweeters. I have been looking around on the web and all the Ribbons I can find seem to be incredibly cheap for what they are capable of. Most of them being in the £15 - £20 price range. Is this right... I was expecting them to be a lot more than that... like a hell of a lot more.

here's a link to the google search I did on "ribbin tweeter" which has a fair few different models with prices: -

www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid= ... =699&ion=1

Can anyone give me some advice on what I am doing here. Am I looking at the wrong models? There are other ribbons which I have found for much higher prices so are these cheap ones going to sound really bad. And will they make a difference or should I probably just go to B&W and order the Dome tweeters that were intended for the DM602's.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds