• Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 7 months ago #16678 by joeysub
what's your favourite bass cab? was created by joeysub
Forums bin a bit slow so!

Diy or commercial!

Be nice to see what people regard as there 'favourite' bass cab is at the mo?

My alltime favourite is martin f218+

Wish I could afford some smiley19

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #16679 by nrpinc
Replied by nrpinc on topic what's your favourite bass cab?
Mine is the Ramsdell Pro Audio SD21 Bas Engine. I have 4 and I have yet to hear anything that comes close to sounding like these.
ramsdellproaudio.com/products/subs/BP-SD21.htm

• joeysub
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 7 months ago #16680 by joeysub
Replied by joeysub on topic what's your favourite bass cab?
Would love to hear some of them! Is it a bandpass or waveguide?

More
12 years 7 months ago #16682 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic what's your favourite bass cab?
Will always be a difficult one, although saying which is your favorite doesn't mean it's the best, so I guess people must think mostly that the cab they have is the best, otherwise why have it.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

• joeysub
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 7 months ago #16684 by joeysub
Fair point tony , favourite didn't mean best but with a lot of us here we can't afford the cabs we really want!

I'm interesed in peoples favourite cabs , ones they had in the past or ones they would to have!

A lot of people have cabs that have bin and gone but secretly would still love to have them even tho they have not been the best cabs they've owned!

More
12 years 7 months ago #16686 by bee
Replied by bee on topic what's your favourite bass cab?
a cab with great memory's...... well not the cab but memory's we have of the cab. i have a few...... i dj'd for 12 years on an old turbo sound rig a tms system, i have great memorys of this system even though its not on my want list to own. Another was the first time i dj'd at londons hippodrome back in the day, this was the start of my love of ass speakers...... that rig was just thunderous....... another system that will allways be in my heart, but sounded ruff was my first rig 4 x w bins 2 double 15 mid reflexes and 2 piezo boxes all made by august of london..... i would not be seen dead with this rig now, but the memory's still bring a smile to my face.........

• joeysub
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 7 months ago #16688 by joeysub
That's what I was trying to say be , those rigs that carry good memoreys! I remember the first time I bought some 18" br (cheapo chinese one) carnt remember the make! I bought 4 600w bins to go with my two jb systems 10"+peizo tops that were rated 150w lol! Had 2k on the bins and 200w total on the tops lol! Those top and top amp used to get a pasting lol!

And I will always remember I kept saying "LOOK HOW BIG THOSE DRIVERS ARE" to everybody as before then I only had 15"!

Have some great memorys with this system and the many times I took it out onto a field with lots of freinds and give it a good pasting! Great times!

And for a cheap starter rig it never let me down!

I've upgraded to Mbp-46 and 12"+1" tops but still would like the chance to take that old system out to a field on a hot summers day and enjoy it with my friends!

Ahh memorys!

More
12 years 7 months ago #16689 by bee
Replied by bee on topic what's your favourite bass cab?
now there is the magic words....... enjoy it..... one thing we all need to do more with the systems we own........ instead of dreaming of the systems we cant afford.....

More
12 years 7 months ago #16692 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic what's your favourite bass cab?
I have actually been impressed with many bass cabs over the years, one of which was the 1x15 RCA bin. I remember this having a deep warm sound. Mind you, top engineers worked these PA systems. Another was the Court bins in the old Town and Country club, owned by the House Engineer Mick Anthony. He had an amazing sound in there. Although they weren't my designs, I did build it all.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
12 years 7 months ago #16693 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic what's your favourite bass cab?
T18 with RCf or 186. Small and silly loud
RCF1018, small and rounded.

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds