• tony.a.s.s.
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #16879 by tony.a.s.s.
7000. was created by tony.a.s.s.
As some of you might have noticed, our membership has just reached 7000. We just need more subject matter to keep our attention up.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #16880 by bee

More
12 years 5 months ago #16881 by joeysub
Replied by joeysub on topic 7000.
smiley20 smiley4

More
12 years 5 months ago #16882 by giveortake
Replied by giveortake on topic 7000.
Wow ! 7000! it's getting serious smiley32 ;)

I am working a lot on moving FSP to a new webserver.I tried several options (varnish, lighttpd) and found that
Nginx ( wiki.nginx.org/Main ) with APC and memcache is working very well and handles way more
simultaneous connections while keeping the website faster and more stable.

I have a full setup working now, and slowly migrating the content to Joomla 2.5. The forum conversion is going well and I can
announce that we will soon be using Kunena ( www.kunena.org/ ) instead of our existing phpbb, we will keep our
existing passwords.

I still need to work on hardening the server's security and migrate the components to joomla 2.5.It is very exciting to "start from scratch"
with a new clean platform that will give us a lot more years of fun with FSP.

I am also considering providing multi-lingual versions of FSP, as the latest joomla makes everything easier in terms of publishing/editing
for the members.Anyway more on this later, volunters will be needed :)

I think the new FSP will be ready within a month (work allowing), and the switch to the new server should result a very short downtime for all of us
resulting in a smooth transition.

Oh, here is the new logo:
[attachment=0:1aneihxk]<!-- ia0 -->fspnewlogo.png<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:1aneihxk]

Anyone interested in designing another is welcome to do so, I am far from talented at design smiley3

What is your philosophy of life or your creed ?
\"Have a good time, ALL THE TIME\"

Wisdom is better than silver and gold !
Attachments:

• tony.a.s.s.
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #16883 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic 7000.
Well, I'm afraid I understood very little of what you said, but all the same, thanks for the work you put in with this Forum. It's growing at a faster rate than SP. I'm quite sure that things would be even better if we had more contributions that we could get our teeth stuck into. With this site being reasonably quiet compared to it's membership numbers, people will always migrate to SP as I do. I personally would like only to be involved in one site.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
12 years 5 months ago #16884 by bee
Replied by bee on topic 7000.
+1 tony, i like the piece hear and the friendly chat...... lol

More
12 years 5 months ago #16886 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic 7000.
I know what you mean Tony, but looking deeper it may be just the sheer amount of posts on SP that make it SEEM more......
The Cubo threads and brilliant support from the designer are a good example of what can be done here.
SP is going round and round in the scoop section, although it is always entertaining.
The 1850/186/X1 threads are played out, Tony Wilkes making the ported section more interesting at times.
The biggest thing needed here is For Sale and New Projects. The utter ease in which photos can be added to this forum is a big plus point which should help.
I also think that Amp stuff should be encouraged more (somehow).
The multi language thing could be massive. Imagine that Hornmaster bloke rabbitting on in Russian!
Big thanks to Florian smiley27 smiley20

• thepersonunknown
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 5 months ago #17044 by thepersonunknown
Replied by thepersonunknown on topic 7000.
to rabbit is a good verb for the enigma he posted, but yea not wanting to take the piss. would be big. i think things will be on the up and up here. i for one have just placed my bets on it. respect to the hard workers ad the quys who have been here from the start

Time to create page: 0.247 seconds