2012 CARNIVALS AND FESTIVALS

• luton_soundman
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
12 years 5 months ago #17096 by luton_soundman
2012 CARNIVALS AND FESTIVALS was created by luton_soundman
Think we should start a list of carnivals or festivals on this year. would also be good to know if anyone here is playing/bringing equipment/involved etc
I'll start - Love Luton Festival friday evening 6th july - Sunday 8th July.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #17147 by bee

More
12 years 5 months ago #17152 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic 2012 CARNIVALS AND FESTIVALS
Every week's a Carnival in Southend.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

• luton_soundman
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
12 years 5 months ago #17188 by luton_soundman
Replied by luton_soundman on topic 2012 CARNIVALS AND FESTIVALS
Bee/ben are you doing any floats this year? when is southends actual festival/carnival type event? i know mrvin sometimes does a float up there

More
12 years 5 months ago #17222 by bee
Replied by bee on topic 2012 CARNIVALS AND FESTIVALS
hoping too, cant confirm number of floats yet, but it could be ten plus.... not mine but friends and people i work with. Im sure ken will be running a few floats and ligwa too, so it will be a busy but great weekend for me...... helping out and having a great time....

More
12 years 5 months ago #17232 by PauliePaul74
Replied by PauliePaul74 on topic 2012 CARNIVALS AND FESTIVALS
I'm still wondering if it would be financially viable for me to do more carnivals, I'm taking three artics to Notting Hill this year. The easy part is getting the tractor units and trailers (I just hire them off my employer!), the hard part is the insurances, driver 'conditioning', scaffold and genset etc etc....

The day carnivals would probably be easier to organise, but the three day bank holiday affair that is Notting Hill is probably the most extreme in the UK from a logistics point of view.

More
12 years 5 months ago #17240 by AM55
Replied by AM55 on topic 2012 CARNIVALS AND FESTIVALS
How do you go about getting a static pitch at carnivals? I am thinking Notting Hill mainly, would love to bring the system down for the weekend. Is it a who you know not what you know type affair?

More
12 years 5 months ago #17242 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic 2012 CARNIVALS AND FESTIVALS

PauliePaul wrote: I'm still wondering if it would be financially viable for me to do more carnivals, I'm taking three artics to Notting Hill this year. The easy part is getting the tractor units and trailers (I just hire them off my employer!), the hard part is the insurances, driver 'conditioning', scaffold and genset etc etc....

The day carnivals would probably be easier to organise, but the three day bank holiday affair that is Notting Hill is probably the most extreme in the UK from a logistics point of view.

Midlands to London and back, empty but even so, say 7mpg?
Ouch

More
12 years 5 months ago #17264 by PauliePaul74
Replied by PauliePaul74 on topic 2012 CARNIVALS AND FESTIVALS

nickyburnell wrote:

PauliePaul wrote: I'm still wondering if it would be financially viable for me to do more carnivals, I'm taking three artics to Notting Hill this year. The easy part is getting the tractor units and trailers (I just hire them off my employer!), the hard part is the insurances, driver 'conditioning', scaffold and genset etc etc....

Midlands to London and back, empty but even so, say 7mpg?
Ouch

MAN 440 TGA's are doing 8 to 9 and the Renault Premiums are doing 9 to 10... I'll be taking Premiums again this year.... smiley14

• luton_soundman
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
12 years 4 months ago #17797 by luton_soundman
Replied by luton_soundman on topic 2012 CARNIVALS AND FESTIVALS
paul are you gona be with kayak this year? as cold and rainy as it is today i'm getting into the carnival vibe for some reason!? anyone got any info on whats going down at other carnivals this year? birmingham, manchester, leeds, derby etc?? any good reggae, roots dub sites?

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds