Manual handling / stacking / lifting tools etc.

• jbinks
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #17471 by jbinks
Hi

I've been trying to find a solution to the problem of being able to stack 1850s and MT121s single-handedly.

Stacking 1850s is easy enough as you can "roll" them up the stack with a bit of brute force. Getting the MTs on top is a bit tough single-handedly though.

I've looked into various manual-handling options (such as lifters and stackers) but none of them meet the requirements of being light and compact (when folded up). It seems there are many devices with load capacities of 500kg+, but I only need 100kg max.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or even ingenious tools that they have made themselves?
I have been toying with a few designs - including some ideas that would attach to the front of an 1850 and allow lifting something onto the top of it.

The idea is that I could get away with doing some gigs alone (where there are no issues with setup time) and save money on crew.

Cheers,
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #17475 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic Manual handling / stacking / lifting tools etc.
Smart builder could cut the MT121s into 2x sections.

Neo 12s would also help

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

• jbinks
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #17478 by jbinks

levyte357 wrote: Smart builder could cut the MT121s into 2x sections.

Neo 12s would also help

100% agree, but I'm looking for a general solution for "heavy box on top of other heavy boxes".
Ideally, one that will handle stacking the 3rd 1850 on top of the other two as well!!

My MTs are all neo anyway so not too heavy.

I'm just being lazy really, but it would be nice to know if anyone has a clever solution that they use that I haven't thought of.

More
12 years 5 months ago #17483 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic Manual handling / stacking / lifting tools etc.

jbinks wrote:

Neo 12s would also help

100% agree, but I'm looking for a general solution for "heavy box on top of other heavy boxes".
Ideally, one that will handle stacking the 3rd 1850 on top of the other two as well!!

I'm just being lazy really, but it would be nice to know if anyone has a clever solution that they use that I haven't thought of.

Are you talking for stuff like the 'old 6x horn subs stacked mouth-mouth lunacy ploy?

Maybe time for fork lift & pallet solution... :lol:

Kayak is all ASS, and think he has heavy duty lifter... PM Tony A.S.S for possibly more details.

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

• jbinks
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #17485 by jbinks

levyte357 wrote:

jbinks wrote:

Neo 12s would also help

Are you talking for stuff like the 'old 6x horn subs stacked mouth-mouth lunacy ploy?

Maybe time for fork lift & pallet solution... :lol:

Kayak is all ASS, and think he has heavy duty lifter... PM Tony A.S.S for possibly more details.

Yeah something like that!!
Or just for when I'm being lazy and want to stack with minimal effort (ie: gigs with long setup times, or gigs that immediately follow other gigs resulting in me having had no sleep for over 24/36/48/72! hours).

Fork lifts are no good. It needs to be lightweight (rated to about 100kg load - not the tonnes that a fork lift is) and compact as both space and weight are at a premium.

More
12 years 5 months ago #17500 by Rog Mogale
Replied by Rog Mogale on topic Manual handling / stacking / lifting tools etc.

Sounds like you need a Genie lift.

www.genielift.com/en/products/new-equipm...genie-lift/index.htm

The one with the ladder looks great.

• jbinks
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #17501 by jbinks

Rog Mogale wrote:

Sounds like you need a Genie lift.

www.genielift.com/en/products/new-equipm...genie-lift/index.htm

The one with the ladder looks great.

Hi Rog

That looks like a great solution! I had a quick look on their site and see they do a lightweight aluminium one too which could be a winner. Will be investigating these further.

Thanks for the great tip.

Cheers,
John

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds