SALE SECTION ON SP IS A JOKE

More
12 years 4 months ago #17701 by Jimmer
Replied by Jimmer on topic SALE SECTION ON SP IS A JOKE
Hi John

I can confirm that what you say is exactly what happened, I was reading and posting in that thread at the same time and it was just honest & constructive disscussion about the whole farcical situation. The only explanation for what happened next was that Bruce clearly threw his toys out the pram and then failed to conduct himself appropriately. I wasn't impressed in the slightest. Its a shame but things move on I guess.

Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #17702 by muckerbarnes1
Replied by muckerbarnes1 on topic SALE SECTION ON SP IS A JOKE
I can't imagine John would or did do anything innapropriate. That would be out of character.

Good characters are needed for a forum to survive, as well as admin, to which the same applies.

More
12 years 4 months ago #17705 by Rog Mogale
Replied by Rog Mogale on topic SALE SECTION ON SP IS A JOKE
It’s a difficult one John,

I also remember reading your posts at the time the for sale section was being discussed and I didn’t read anything that I thought was that provocative from you. If fact I read a lot worse from other members that were not banned.

With regard to Bruce saying ‘there is no funding from Void and he/his business pays it all’, I can confirm that this is true. When Bruce asked whether he could use the forum for beta testing in return for hosting the forum, he did take on all the financial costs of running the forum. And he did this for a good 7 to 8 years I would say. Also remember that it’s only been the last few months or so that he has had revenue from linking to ebay. I’m not trying to defend his actions as I don’t know his side of the story, but I can’t knock his dedication to speakerplans or the forum. He even carried on admin roles when I left and it must off pissed him off that I just walked out and even took my name off the speakerplans logo without telling him first. Just sounds like he had enough and I can relate to that because I got out about 3 years ago myself.

I’m sure this will all come out in the wash and I hope we find there is nothing sinister going on.

Rog.

More
12 years 4 months ago #17741 by tallmike
Replied by tallmike on topic SALE SECTION ON SP IS A JOKE
so who admins Speakerplans now then? Bruce says he doesn't...

Mike Bamber
Live Sound Hire
Surrey Audio Visual

More
12 years 4 months ago #17743 by Jimmer
Replied by Jimmer on topic SALE SECTION ON SP IS A JOKE
From what I can gather JBL_MAN (Ian) & laxskan (Alex) are the active mods at the moment.

There is also an Admin account and 4 hours ago a new Moderator acount was formed called "Moderator" dont know who these two are..

*Edit* it looks like admin is still Bruce? the other is a mystery!! :silent:

More
12 years 4 months ago #17747 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic SALE SECTION ON SP IS A JOKE
Why are we still still dealing with issues that only concern the other site?

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
12 years 4 months ago #17749 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic SALE SECTION ON SP IS A JOKE

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: Why are we still still dealing with issues that only concern the other site?

Maybe, all the forsale ads that would have been on SP, will now appear here, and if no post mortem carried out,
and precautions not taken, FSP will head down the same route.

It was going that way, until Flo had a moderator rethink.

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

More
12 years 4 months ago #17751 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic SALE SECTION ON SP IS A JOKE
The point I was trying to make is that all the comments we are getting are nothing to do with the welfare of this forum, the comments only criticize SP. In other words using this Forum to moan about the other one.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
12 years 4 months ago #17752 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic SALE SECTION ON SP IS A JOKE

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: The point I was trying to make is that all the comments we are getting are nothing to do with the welfare of this forum, the comments only criticize SP. In other words using this Forum to moan about the other one.

Maybe a bit harsh Mr T. Wouldn't say "all" the comments are criticizing SP, or are purely negative.

However, I agree this mustn't just degenerate into a purely SP bashing thread, as we have all benefited from SP's existence, in one way or another.

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

More
12 years 4 months ago #18144 by nuclearbass
Replied by nuclearbass on topic SALE SECTION ON SP IS A JOKE
this was an interesting read guys, i do agree with tony about talking about another forum, but lets face it if this thread was on s.p it would have been locked long ago

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds