Oval router jig?

• Kilopa
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #17773 by Kilopa
Oval router jig? was created by Kilopa
Hello all, currently building some mid/hi cabs and am going to use Adam Hall SM707 adjustable top hats but have no idea how to go about making a router jig for them as they are oval.. I have made many jigs in the past but always for round/square or rectangles which are pretty easy. Any clever suggestions gratefully received!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #17777 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Oval router jig?
You could draw it at the appropriate size allowing for the size difference in the guide. cut it of a piece of 6mm. From there you can transfer it to something that will suit your router setup in terms of thickness, i.e. how far down does your guide protrude through the base of the Router. Once having done this, you're away.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

• Kilopa
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #17795 by Kilopa
Replied by Kilopa on topic Oval router jig?
Thanks Tony, that's what I thought. What concerns me is that the drawing and cutting would have to be done freehand. Any errors will show up every time then.. Just have to be very carefull I suppose!

More
12 years 4 months ago #17807 by crossed
Replied by crossed on topic Oval router jig?
When I made something similar I just used the top hat as a template. Laid it on a board, drew around it and carefully cut it out with a scroll saw. Do as mentioned with the extra bit for the router, because when I did it I forgot to take that into account so I had to go back and trim it by hand.

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds