Magnetic interference prevention ?

• bjm362
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 1 month ago #21940 by bjm362
Magnetic interference prevention ? was created by bjm362
I haven't had much luck searching for info on preventing magnetic interference between drivers that due to wavelength and size inherently need to be close together. I have obtained pretty reliable info here in the past, and thought there had been a thread on that but couldn't find it. Any help would be appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bjm362
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 1 month ago #21945 by bjm362
Replied by bjm362 on topic Magnetic interference prevention ?
I realize it is theoretical question and that the available data out there is difficult to find. I just was hoping that someone here would have access to good data on that topic that they could share as I am not finding anything better than "take your best guess"!

More
9 years 10 months ago #22299 by mattstolton
Replied by mattstolton on topic Magnetic interference prevention ?
This is something I asked once, and Tony A.S.S. came up with some ideas.

Essentially there is a danger of Flemming's left hand effecting his right hand (Dynamo and Motor rules). However, as Tony pointed out the magnetic flux inside the gap, even compared to 10mm outside the chassis, is in the order of 10+ magnitudes different. You can get magnetic flux measurement probes, to measure for yourself.

In other words, technically measurable, but in reality in-audible. Think how close Co-Axials magnets are, they seem to survive.

Best Regards,

[strike]King[/strike] "480th in line" Matt - probably one of the most average sound engineers in the world.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bjm362

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds