Ed. 16.05.09 - Painting

• hansa
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 4 months ago #5842 by hansa
Replied by hansa on topic Ed. 16.05.09 - Painting
Jumped a few steps here. Can`t run around with the camera ALL the time :)

Most plasterboard is used, a few cm^2 missing around a door to the storage room.

Control room:

The "big room":

The roof became, of course, white. 03 gloss. The walls are painted "Bright Toscana". Can`t remember the NCS code but it contains yellow and red, so its a bright earth color. 07 gloss, latex.
-

The "super damped" room is not that far progressed. After some spatling, just 1 wall will be painted, the 3 others and the roof will be covered in acustic threatment constructions. I really look forth to the Rt60 results in here.

16. May 2009

What seems to be the officer, problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #5843 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Ed. 16.05.09 - Painting
Hi Mate, A lot of good work has been done. I don't have much knowledge of the music scene in your country, but I assume you are confident about getting customers in to record. When the building is complete, do you know what equipment is going in? Desk, monitoring etc.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

• hansa
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 4 months ago #5844 by hansa

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: Hi Mate, A lot of good work has been done. I don't have much knowledge of the music scene in your country, but I assume you are confident about getting customers in to record. When the building is complete, do you know what equipment is going in? Desk, monitoring etc.

As im going in the budget scene there are allot of musichians and bands fiting my studio. The response has been nothing but overwhelming!.

Beeing a budget project, my equipment will also be quite low priced. What i got for now is:
2x MOTU 8PRE (8 mic pre)
Cubase Studio 5
a cuple of 22" widescreen LCD
A bag of microphones: SM57s, SM58s, PG56, Beta91, Senheiser E604s, Rode NT1A, a big box of asorted TSM mics. My company progress plan has a exclusive vocalmic and preamp sheduled to be aquired within 18 months.
Neutrik and Klotz cables, all the way.

For now no real analog or digital desk. Just some crap from my budget rental stock. Soundcraft Spirit Live 24, Yamaha 14-4, and a few smaller.
Then there is a really fat Premiere Signia Maple drumset. Thats now grown to 10" 12" 14" 16" 18" toms, Sonor Force 2000 and Perl Joey Signature snares.
And then some. There is small bits and pieces everywhere.

I think it will be enough to get me going. At least good enough equipment to do rock.

• hansa
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 3 months ago #5898 by hansa
ERRORMESSAGE WHILE POSTING: It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image.

Then i skip a few steps again.
Since the last time I have washed all floors and the wood panel wall. Look and smell fresh!
Gotten hold of a floor. Helped out a friend in Oslo, took it out of his apartment end re-used it in my studio. I'm quite happy with the result.

Laying the floor.

hamaudio.no/webpics/1/IMGA0930.jpg

The metal support rod, in the middle of the room, is now removed. No tension on it any more.
hamaudio.no/webpics/1/IMGA0931.jpg

Closeup of damping material and the cheap floor.
hamaudio.no/webpics/1/IMGA0932.jpg

hamaudio.no/webpics/1/IMGA0940.jpg

hamaudio.no/webpics/1/IMGA0941.jpg

One wall has turned black. It adds depth and dimension to the room. I like the feeling.
hamaudio.no/webpics/1/IMGA0942.jpg

The other two rooms still have some messy work planned so I have priority on getting the windows installed.
hamaudio.no/webpics/1/IMGA0943.jpg
hamaudio.no/webpics/1/IMGA0944.jpg
hamaudio.no/webpics/1/IMGA0947.jpg
hamaudio.no/webpics/1/IMGA0948.jpg

Tata for now.

More
15 years 3 months ago #5910 by giveortake
Replied by giveortake on topic Ed. 16.05.09 - Painting
Shaping up nicely, it is a huge project indeed, keep us posted.

hansa wrote: ERRORMESSAGE WHILE POSTING: It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image.

I have fixed this, you can also use the board's attachment feature to upload your pictures .

What is your philosophy of life or your creed ?
\"Have a good time, ALL THE TIME\"

Wisdom is better than silver and gold !

• hansa
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 2 months ago #6119 by hansa
And then.... More windows.

The gap between the walls are stuffed with rockwool, then a heavy duty cotton cloth is applied to keep the dust away from my windows.

Then I apply pressure to the glass forcing it onto my pre-mounted *somesomethinginenglish*

The electrician has been visiting. 2x tripple switch is completed and most of the sockets.

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds