FSP Speaker meet - Small PA

• heathrow_b_line
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 years 7 months ago #5434 by heathrow_b_line
FSP Speaker meet - Small PA was created by heathrow_b_line
I think it would be good to have a speaker meet and find the best samll PA system.

Something like 2 tops and 2 bass bin and maybe one or two amps?

I dont have a massive rig but would be interested in something like this as this is normally the system i use

So basically the loudest, most compact system would be the goal.

What do you all think?

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #5435 by giveortake
Replied by giveortake on topic FSP Speaker meet - Small PA
Good idea,

I can bring my small Martin Audio system (ICS and ICT + controller)

What is your philosophy of life or your creed ?
\"Have a good time, ALL THE TIME\"

Wisdom is better than silver and gold !

More
15 years 7 months ago #5437 by chaudio
Replied by chaudio on topic FSP Speaker meet - Small PA
Would need to specify what is allowed in terms of 'one sub'. If it were a competition I'd bring an L'Acoustics dVSub which manages to shoehorn 3 15" PHL drivers into a relatively small box and is fecking loud!

I'm sure I could bring something suitable though.... Two single 18" reflex and two single 15"+1.4" wedges with poles inbetween is my usual small rig.

More
15 years 7 months ago #5450 by ajw
Replied by ajw on topic FSP Speaker meet - Small PA
Surely this should be limited to privately build speaker system or what's the point of this forum!!!!

If it was as I suggested I could bring single 85l subs loaded with BMS 15N830's and twin BMS 8" tops with a little comp. I use this regularly with live bands in a 150 pepe capacity venue and I have never had a comment about lack of volume.

Tony

[email:2pxnki7c]info@forteaudio.eu[/email:2pxnki7c]

More
15 years 7 months ago #5451 by chaudio
I agree Tony. If we want to listen to commercial systems there are plenty of dealers that will set up a demo. I wasn't really being serious about taking the L'Acoustics subs, I far prefer the sound of my own boxes.

I think it would be nice to listen to what can be achieved with a small system. Personally I would also set a rule that every cabinet involved must be a one man lift, ie it's a system that one man can take out and setup quickly and easily.

More
15 years 7 months ago #5453 by ajw

chaudio wrote: I agree Tony. If we want to listen to commercial systems there are plenty of dealers that will set up a demo. I wasn't really being serious about taking the L'Acoustics subs, I far prefer the sound of my own boxes.

I think it would be nice to listen to what can be achieved with a small system. Personally I would also set a rule that every cabinet involved must be a one man lift, ie it's a system that one man can take out and setup quickly and easily.

Fair enough matey, I thought it was strange coming from you!!

Tony

More
15 years 7 months ago #5458 by chaudio
I think the point I was trying to make was that someone could bring an enormous multi-driver subwoofer stick a mid-top on a stand next to it and claim it was a one sub, one top system! I used the L-Acoustics dVSub as an example because it's got a lot of drivers in it for it's size and it would be unfair to put it up against a single driver reflex sub and compare SPL.

More
15 years 6 months ago #5583 by jsg
Replied by jsg on topic FSP Speaker meet - Small PA
Hello?
<tap> <tap> <whiiiiine> Hello? testing one two two two onnnne two...
<holds mic upside down, a stream of flegm dribbles out>
...one two one two...
<smartass in crowd:> It's THREE, moron, the next number is THREE! one...two...THREE!!! Geddit!!????!

Anyway, if there's still a meet for small PA then I'd like to propose my new setup: 2 subs (but combined is only 190 litres internal, less than an X1) and 2 tops. 3K. Subs my best shot yet at fast/punchy bass from a bandpass (and I've been working on that problem for >10 years).

Is it still on?

Ars est celare artem

More
15 years 6 months ago #5586 by ajw
I have always been surprised by the seeming lack of interest in small systems. When you think that on every weekend the number of small systems that get lugged around for use with Live bands, disco's and general P.A duties must greatly outweigh the larger systems in use.

To me the sound quality on the smaller system should be at least the equal of larger systems and in fact it is much easier to get a superior sound because we do not have to aim for incredibly sound levels and can easily achieve an almost point sound source.

I hope that we can get together to do the demo's mainly because I love to see and hear what other people have achieved.

jsg, genuinely interested in hearing what you have done with the bandpass enclosures and I know that steve_b has just developed a compact 12" design as well that he uses with some 8" coax's that maybe he would like to show.

Could I suggest that a Sunday would suit most and possibly around the Oxford or Northampton area so that most pepes could get there in less than 90mins.

Tony

p.s. maybe someone could arrange a "chat session" when we could discuss this further live so to speak.

More
15 years 6 months ago #5600 by ajw
Posting on this Forum is getting to feel like a complete waste of time!!!

Tony

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds