FSP Speaker meet - Small PA

More
15 years 6 months ago #5601 by chaudio
Replied by chaudio on topic FSP Speaker meet - Small PA
But if we give up, then there will be no-one posting and no new posters will be attracted.

Sunday is probably a good day. Ideally I wouldn't want to go much further north than Oxford but we'll see who offers to host it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #5789 by jsg
Replied by jsg on topic FSP Speaker meet - Small PA
Hi everyone

So are we going to have a meet or wot? I have 2 small subs that can do more sub than any other speaker the same size(*). And sounds good too (they're bandpasses, but no "bandpass sound").

Got some compact tops to partner based around BMS4590

Anyone seen Adam Bomb on here recently? Or did he get banned and went off to FreeFreeSpeakerPlans?

(*) Cabinet volume, external, including extremities i.e. truck packing volume.

Ars est celare artem

More
15 years 4 months ago #5790 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic FSP Speaker meet - Small PA
I see a few problems here. Firstly, the law of averages comes in when looking for a post that you can add something constructive to. The more people doing it, the more subjects you get for discussion. Secondly, when you look at the membership numbers, there is obviously enough people on here to keep things going. But, many members who joined in the beginning, have decided that one forum is enough for them, so don't bother with this one. There is an element within forums that like to be heard, and if people think that no one will read or respond, then of course they move to a bigger audience.
Membership is still rising, and I would have thought once it approaches around 1000, things will start to happen. The forum is exactly what we make it, and it's no good commenting on a quiet forum when not taking part. I know, like myself, there are others willing this forum along, and trying to get things going. I hope we can succeed. Don't give up yet.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
15 years 4 months ago #5792 by jsg
Replied by jsg on topic FSP Speaker meet - Small PA
Fair point Tony. I was only commenting in passing about not having seen AdamBomb here for a while since he used to be very active.

My main point is that I'm well up for putting my new subs against some other boxes on a SPL-per-unit-size challenge. I'm happy to talk about scaling rules for handicapping bigger boxes, a common rule for multiples etc.

Ars est celare artem

More
15 years 4 months ago #5793 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic FSP Speaker meet - Small PA
I think trying to organize something outside the forum will always be hard. It's easy to sit in front of a screen and yak. When physical action is required, it becomes a different matter. I do believe a lot of people have good intentions, but on the day, it cab be different. If you're busy with work anyway, it's even more difficult.
I told one of my work mates I would go to his BBQ on Sun. It started at 4pm. I had to work anyway, but didn't get done until almost 9pm. By the time I got home and done the usual, it was 10.30pm. All I wanted to do was lay down and watch the telly, which is what I did. couldn't face going out. This happens a lot to me and sometimes I feel as though I'm letting people down. But with me, work has always come first. (what a miserable git I am.)

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
15 years 4 months ago #5795 by giveortake
Replied by giveortake on topic FSP Speaker meet - Small PA
Yes the meeting is still on, I think we've all been really busy lately but that shouldn't go in the way.

I think there is a real interest in small PA, see with the 12V rigs trend, the coming of the dreaded Low
Emission Zone and the tough Noise Regulations: packing less boxes and achieving a nice volume is of great appeal.

It is true that organising a "physical" meeting is always tough, my recent experience with the shootouts was that it was
worth every thoughts put into them.A reunion around speakers is I think what a forum is all about, it has always been great
to meet a member in person and we had a blast each time.It is fun to put a face on a User Name too.

Adam is still around, working in the background and ensuring FSP is working as you know it today.He will probably pop around soon...
When we converted the Forum all his posts (and the one made by members without a valid email) were changed into "Guest post" (without user name) but not lost.

As for the location, time etc.Hmm we need to get busy figuring it out, I am easy and can travel from London and provide van space.We also need to figure out the course of action (measurement protocols and setup), I am sure us lot can sort this out together smiley2

On a more general note, the forum activity has been low last lately, but the browsing on the main site and the Resources downloads are increasing everyday, same goes with the new registrations: 567 members from all over the world.The daily visits are in progression we had 3,138 Visits and 30,406 Pageviews over the last 30 days. smiley20

What is your philosophy of life or your creed ?
\"Have a good time, ALL THE TIME\"

Wisdom is better than silver and gold !

More
15 years 4 months ago #5796 by chaudio
Replied by chaudio on topic FSP Speaker meet - Small PA
I would like to volunteer Mr A.Bomb to provide the venue and we need to make it quick before he moves out! I'm sure he'll agree an FSP meet-up would be a good house-leaving party!

I'm free all of the Sundays in the next month or two....

More
15 years 4 months ago #5799 by iand4403
Replied by iand4403 on topic FSP Speaker meet - Small PA
I'm not very well known around here and don't have much experience to share, but if this were to happen I'd be keen to attend with a Punisher/FBT combo

More
15 years 4 months ago #5800 by adambomb
Replied by adambomb on topic FSP Speaker meet - Small PA
Hello All...

I have my house (and large garden) for another 2 months.... so bring on the BBQ / Testing....

I'm pretty easy on dates... suggestions??!?!?!??!

More
15 years 4 months ago #5801 by adambomb
Replied by adambomb on topic FSP Speaker meet - Small PA
WTF... I'm a "junior Member".... Florian... we have to have words... :x

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds