Is this coming to an end.

• tony.a.s.s.
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 7 months ago #5485 by tony.a.s.s.
Is this coming to an end. was created by tony.a.s.s.
I have just had the usual look through this forum to see whether there is anything to get my teeth into, but alas, there is nothing that jumps out and grabs me. Even the good people who put this together don't appear much. It seems to be totally lacking in energy. Speakerplans continues to grow, which is a good thing, but I was hoping this site would be a good alternative, but I guess not. Most members on here belong to Speakerplans, so I guess that they may question the practical values of being on two sites that cover the same basics. I suppose obvious thing then is to stick with what you know and are comfortable with.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #5486 by chaudio
Replied by chaudio on topic Is this coming to an end.
Hi Tony,

Like you I've been visiting here, looking for some topics to get involved with but there doesn't seem to be much going on. It would be a shame for it not to go anywhere after all the effort that has been made to create it. I've been wondering how to create some enthusiasm but it's hard when it seems you're talking to yourself!

Chris

More
15 years 7 months ago #5488 by ajw
Replied by ajw on topic Is this coming to an end.
Tony & Chris, When this site started I thought it would be a great place for people genuinely interested in building their own kit could get advice (which was the original feel of speakerplans).

It does seem as though this site has stalled and without a lot more people deciding that they want to contribute I feel that it will just fade away.

Tony

[email:2pxnki7c]info@forteaudio.eu[/email:2pxnki7c]

More
15 years 7 months ago #5490 by giveortake
Replied by giveortake on topic Is this coming to an end.

AJW wrote:
It does seem as though this site has stalled and without a lot more people deciding that they want to contribute I feel that it will just fade away.

Tony

My thoughts exactly.

I was thinkng about this project's future too, we finaly got it fully working, but not a single plan, manual or link have been posted.It is diasppointing as when it all started everyone seemed up for it, but now they all have disappeared.Seems like we missed our spot by taking too much time before providing a fully working website...

This week, I have contacted Staiper (whose Msn group is closing very soon) and David Trotter both of them agreed to have their plans hosted on Fsp,which is great news. But I don't really see myself populating this website on my own, it is time for the designers/members to come forward and contribute too.

As for the future,well, we don't really have any deadline as the server is paid for a year, and now that everything is working it doesn't require any daily work.I guess we'll give it a few more weeks and see how it goes...

What is your philosophy of life or your creed ?
\"Have a good time, ALL THE TIME\"

Wisdom is better than silver and gold !

More
15 years 7 months ago #5491 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic Is this coming to an end.
Well firstly a thanks for doing it, somewhere else is always a good thing.
Some things that spring to mind that may put people off.
If you login, it doesn't give you the option of going back to the page you were viewing.
It's slow, sorry but it is compared to the other side.
There are still a few glitches IMHO.
Keep it up though.
Nick

More
15 years 7 months ago #5493 by deadbeat
Replied by deadbeat on topic Is this coming to an end.
It finally works for me smiley1

Is anyone getting a strange problem where half the page is skewed to the right?

Tony's right, even jsg has made a topic on SP. I'll try to devote a bit more time on here, maybe we'll have to find some large impossible task to keep everyone busy.

'looking for some topics to get involved with'

Beranek\'s law
\'bits of ply round a driver\'

More
15 years 7 months ago #5496 by giveortake
Replied by giveortake on topic Is this coming to an end.
Nick,
the login redirect error is due to the phpbb/joomla bridge we are using (Jfusion), it is still in beta version and is not recommended on live sites..that is why we have several bugs with the dual login.
As for the speed, you are right, loading time is terrible and page browsing is way too slow, also we had 5 downtime within the last month ! We can all thank Mediatemple and their GridServer for that, trust me I will not renew my contract with them ever again.
As for the small glitches please post them here , I will try to fix what I can.

Also I am looking for a good php/joomla guru to implement community builder within our Jfusion website, this will allow a better management of Profiles and add some great features (personal gallery etc), but as the website is alrteady running there are some issue with user id, implement SEF url would solve it, but last time I tried the whole website wasn't running, anyone can help ?

I re-read my previous post and it was a bit too pessimistic, we should keep FSP running.We can't expect Fsp to gain popularity in a few month, it takes time to consolidate a community, and a slow start isn't such a bad thing afterall.

Deadbeat,

glad to read that it finally works for you, let me know if you can reproduce your bug again and post the detail in the bug thread, I will see what I can do.

"maybe we'll have to find some large impossible task to keep everyone busy..." I like the idea, we had several good projects when the forum first opened, I think a batch of FSP designs would be a great start, I will have some time this summer to build some protos if needed.

smiley20

What is your philosophy of life or your creed ?
\"Have a good time, ALL THE TIME\"

Wisdom is better than silver and gold !

• heathrow_b_line
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 years 7 months ago #5498 by heathrow_b_line
Replied by heathrow_b_line on topic Is this coming to an end.
I HAVE FINALLY BEEN ABLE TO LOG IN/VIEW THIS SITE FOR AGES!!!

i think there are glitches which need to be sorted! and sorted quickly

this place will grow slowly

speakerplans is busy but full of uninteresting posts in the whole.

hopefully both forums will become interesting again!

Tony, please come back to Speakerplans... there are alot of people who miss your presence

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.

• tony.a.s.s.
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 7 months ago #5501 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Is this coming to an end.
HBL. I'm sure SP is doing just fine without me. It's unlikely I'll return, but never say never. I'd need a good reason to do so. I can think of two people who said they were quitting, but returned, probably through ego or vanity or both. I try not to be like that. Stubborn ol' git is a phrase that comes to mind.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

• heathrow_b_line
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 years 7 months ago #5502 by heathrow_b_line
Replied by heathrow_b_line on topic Is this coming to an end.
yup i can see your point of view Tony, it left a sour taste in with most people

but onwards and upwards

i will start building soon, so there should be at least one or two nice build threads in the offing

but i do feel that the slow down in the forum is related to this new software [and associated bugs]. Now things have been fixed it will grow into a cracking little forum

we should kcik things off with a curry night or something... I sure alot of members would be up for talking speakers and putting a face to a name.

we could arrange a small speaker test before hand, something to do with setting up a system perhaps? i always like to hear how other people like to set up their systems

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds