fsp small combo

More
15 years 5 months ago #5722 by chaudio
Replied by chaudio on topic fsp small combo
I think you'll find the drivers take up less volume than that. I'd say guess a volume of about 5L for the drivers and horn and you'll be close enough. To be honest, for cabs like this, if you can get things within 10%, that's pretty good I think. There's so many variables, some people get hung up on getting simulations perfect to 0.1L volumes etc but it all changes when you build a real cab! You just have to prototype, measure and adjust!

Once it's finished, it should be an ideal small starter system.

I've got two Eminence Gamma10's and a PDC14 on a B&C ME90 flare knocking around for a prototype! Not quite the drivers we discussed but it might work!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 years 5 months ago #5723 by bee
Replied by bee on topic fsp small combo
cool well ive got the ruff design done ill get some mdf the weekend for a prototype.... the main will be in ply and knock up a cab..... ill check the stats for the drivers you have may be ok just for testing wicked.

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 years 5 months ago #5724 by bee
Replied by bee on topic fsp small combo
the gamma 10 would work they cut off at around 1k as opposed to 3k for the 10nmb420 but both look identical between 70hz to 1k once the box is build ill arrange to sort speakers out with you.

More
15 years 5 months ago #5725 by chaudio
Replied by chaudio on topic fsp small combo
Just had a look at simulations, as I thought, the Gamma10's are fairly useless so forget that! The compression driver and horn would be fine though.

Bluearan have some P-Audio SN10MB's in stock which might be worth looking at for a budget option.

On the subject of the Eminences though, I've ended up with a Delta15LF in 4Ohm version and two Gamma10's and I really want to do something with them to get them out the way! Both drivers just look completely horrible in simulations. Well except for the 10's in a sealed box, that looks ok for about 150Hz upwards! I'm thinking some kind of bass guitar cab.....

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds