RE: NEWBIE HELP WITH MID/TOPS

• COZY PILLOW
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
15 years 3 months ago #5899 by COZY PILLOW
RE: NEWBIE HELP WITH MID/TOPS was created by COZY PILLOW
Hi, I am hoping someone can help. I can build cabs but I don't know enough about how to design a cabinet the way that you guys can. I don't have a clue how to use Hornresp or Winsd etc. Could someone put the info for beyma 5G40Nd ( profesional.beyma.com/pdf/5G40%20NdE.pdf ) drivers into one of these programs and tell me if they would work in a horn loaded cabinet with 4 x drivers 2 pairs in series and then paralleled to give 8 Ohms per cab?

I want to know if they would give more SPL in a flared cab similar to the MT122 but, without the compression driver or would they be better in a ported cab?

I wondered if the drivers could be positioned in a line of 4 so the the cab could be used vertically or horizontally? Would the cab be better as a trap shape or other?

I wanted to make a cab that was easily lifted by one person but, could be used in muliples for good mid/high range from 150Hz up. And could also be used outdoors for up to 2000 pairs of ears or more. I currently have 2 x 186's loaded with omega 18" and 2 x vented kappa lf 15" and 2 x ported kappa 15" and 2 x paudio 2" comps.

Or would a ported style cab with either 10" or 12" drivers with 2" comp's be a better option?

So many questions but, hopefully you can help.

Thanks. smiley20
COZY

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds