Mr Mogale

More
15 years 1 month ago #6246 by jazomir
Replied by jazomir on topic Mr Mogale

Heathrow_B_Line wrote: But i feel sorry for the young kids who are stuck in the sticks... must get boring after awhile.

Living in a town or city is equally boring for kids - especially now that so many kids (mine included) don't want to do 'nerdy' things (or anything that may be in any way interesting). I spent from 11 to 15 in Hertfordshire in a small town with a small town mentality, a small youth club, a small cinema and even smaller library but never got bored, mainly because the cinema changed films three times a week and was really cheap so I took in hundreds of films in my time there - no problem with age restrictions, either. During the summer we had use of a 25yard pool where I spent every day, and we were 5 or ten minutes walk from pretty much everything including the woods on the Chilterns for general messing about on bikes etc and sledging in winter. Then I moved down to North London which was a new world - far racier with loads more choice of everything but, like the place I live now, mostly unaffordable to the kids. If you don't want to go to a youth club or after school clubs, there is nothing to do but hang around the streets which leads to the usual problems. The towns offer more choice but as they say, restrictions apply, and really are no better or worse for kids than the country. I far prefer the country, and really hate going back to London except to see old friends, but have to live in a town for my kids education etc.
Shame about Rog - he really must have been having a bad time on Speakerplans. I missed his last post, but he really seemed OK a few days before that.

Regards,
Jazzy

Regards,
Jazomir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds