Same old story i going to start building system

More
15 years 1 week ago #6335 by salad
the soul use of the system will be for dance parties....
at this stage i mainly use an EV xlc 118+ rig with double 18's front loaded (xlc 127+)... it has the clarity that i want but lacks the real low end drive out of the subs.... all powered by EV amps, crossover by klark technics 9800
so the big ? is can people throw their 2 cents worth of info so i can get some ideas
ie... what class of sub drivers... and what type of box?
thank u for ur time on this

music is the food for the soul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 days ago #6346 by bee
For House, Garage and Techno you need a very quick transient response and don't need much extension, I would stay away from reflex designs. For me i would stick with 15 inch horn designs for dance music. The hd15 is a good cab the usb is another.

More
14 years 11 months ago #6366 by salad
Thank you,
why 15's in stead of 18's
i was thinking of horn loaded boxs, i'm a fan of turbo sound TSW 218 sub box

More
14 years 11 months ago #6369 by bee
i find that 15s give you a quicker transient response (for dance music a bit more punch to the sound) the specs for the tsw218 look a good speaker 35-150hz on a duel 18. the usb will give you 55-170hz on a duel 18 you will need at least 2 stacks per side. the hd215 will do 52-180hz on duel 15's. To get the most out of the hd's you will need at least 3 stacks per side. hope this helps.

More
14 years 11 months ago #6371 by giveortake
Replied by giveortake on topic Same old story i going to start building system
Sorry guys I had to restore a backup from yesterday afternoon, all posts made last night were lost...

What is your philosophy of life or your creed ?
\"Have a good time, ALL THE TIME\"

Wisdom is better than silver and gold !

More
14 years 11 months ago #6372 by bee

More
14 years 11 months ago #6418 by salad
see runing subs from 55hz to 170hz is stranger to me.... i have always run sub from 30hz to 130hz..... why so high?

More
14 years 11 months ago #6421 by bee
the hd and usb are a mid boxes great for dance music as they provide the kick you want from your dance tunes,

More
14 years 11 months ago #6439 by salad
i see...... so u guys run a 3 way cross over system.... where i have always run a 4 way system.. i think u try and get the kick and the punich out of the sub box where i've bean getting the kick out of the sub and the punich out of the low of the top box...... am i thinking right......

More
14 years 11 months ago #6440 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic Same old story i going to start building system
Yes you've got it. Mostly born out of Scoops and Bandpass not being able to do above 90hz nicely. Although, many old systems used to run their scoops all the way to treble. Times have changed ;)
One of the many reasons people like reflex, usually OK from sub to 150 or so.

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds