wood

• lenny b
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 6 days ago #6342 by lenny b
wood was created by lenny b
is normal 18m ply any good for makeing bins out of or will it just fall apart and sound shite?thinking of makeing some staiper microscoop's for kappa 15a's.has anyone heard the microscoop and will it sound ok with kappa's.can't make fullsizers due to hireout van size.cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 days ago #6344 by bee
Replied by bee on topic wood
whats normal ply.............. The best ply to use is birch ply 18mm thick with at least 12 layers to it. There is alot of types available and all would work but not as well as birch. I would stay away from the cheaper 4 and 5 layer 18mm ply as the quality is poor and has alot of pockets of holes etc in it. Also the surface area of cheaper ply can be very ruff and you will need alot of filler and sanding to get it smooth.

More
15 years 5 days ago #6345 by bee
I now its too far for you but i use a good wood yard in West Drayton..... E.L. Warren & Sons ltd, river view, The Common, West Drayton, Middlesex, UB7 7HQ... They will cut all your wood for you and there prices are alot less than the likes of B&Q who's prices have rocket on ply in the last few months. Im sure you will have a good local wood yard in chester, its always best to go there first you will get a better deal and they will prob cut wood for you. A Quick tip for you is to add 30mm to any angular sections you have, if you get your wood pre cut to size, this will give you a bit more room when cutting angles for flare sections etc. :thumbup:

• lenny b
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 5 days ago #6351 by lenny b
Replied by lenny b on topic wood
cheers dude i'll be stickin to the birch and getting woodyard to cut it.surely there tablesaws could do angles for me(mega lazyboy i know).what dya reckon?

More
15 years 5 days ago #6352 by bee
they might..... they will prob charge you a fee to do this, but if you can get them cut for free 'bonus'.

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds