Want to build your own amp?

• chaudio
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 10 months ago #6516 by chaudio
Want to build your own amp? was created by chaudio
Would any be interested in buying PCB's for the amplifier modules I'm just finishing designing?

It's a medium power bipolar output stage which depending on the power supply will probably deliver somewhere in the region of 400W @ 4R. The main intention is for them to be used for studio monitor and large hi-fi rather than for PA. The PA power amps will come later!

At the moment it would just be the main output stage, you'd need to build a power supply and any other external circuitry required but again, it's likely those will be available in the future too. You'll need a fairly decent heatsink but one option I go for is finding old broken amps and using their chassis to build prototypes into. I would also be able to supply the modules built and tested or as a complete kit of parts.

This is just an enquiry to judge any response rather than an actual offer of goods for sale at this time (hence it not being in the for sale section!)

Anybody tempted? Obviously more info will be forthcoming, just getting PCB's designed at the moment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #6701 by hfisher22
Replied by hfisher22 on topic Want to build your own amp?
hi there

i would be more than interested!!

more inf,o would be grate.

harry.

More
14 years 9 months ago #6702 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Want to build your own amp?
Chris, my friend, my first reaction is- don't do it. It will take all your money and leave you with nothing. However. I could be completely wrong. Is this a new project? What is the end game in all this. There are already plenty of amp kits available, especially for Hi Fi.
Are you creating something we don't have yet that will create a demand. As usual, I'm interested in the nuts and bolts of peoples ideas.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

• chaudio
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 9 months ago #6705 by chaudio
Replied by chaudio on topic Want to build your own amp?
Hi Tony,

I'm not aiming to make money from selling kits, I was just wondering if anyone was interested in doing a bit of homebrew action and if I could help them do so.

I am however aiming to move into electronic design (what I'm qualified in) rather than speaker cabinet design if for no other reason that it's easier to do in a home office! The amps I'm working on at the moment are destined to go into active studio monitors....

Chris

More
14 years 9 months ago #6706 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Want to build your own amp?
I understand now. Amps for monitors and Hi Fi will be interesting.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
14 years 9 months ago #6735 by jake_fielder
Replied by jake_fielder on topic Want to build your own amp?
Yeah i'd take a couple off you if the price is reasonable obviously.

Sounds like fun, and if you're ever getting boards made up you really need to get a few to get anywhere near decent value for money, so i think its a good idea

• chaudio
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 9 months ago #6740 by chaudio
Replied by chaudio on topic Want to build your own amp?
Well, I've got the PCB's and at the moment the design isn't quite ready. There are a few issues that didn't come to light in the simulations to deal with but hopefully it won't take too much work.

I'll let you know....

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds