what do people make of this work...not mine but i paid...

• crazybwoy23
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #7830 by crazybwoy23
here is some pics of me refurbing brand new boxes...
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crazybwoy23
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #7831 by crazybwoy23
i have about thirty different photos from the same builder,i am a ludite though...
believe me when i say these are not the worst out of 8 cabs i had made to order...
discuss

More
14 years 7 months ago #7832 by bee
who was the builder...... ive seen worse. But i have allso seen 100x better.

• crazybwoy23
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #7833 by crazybwoy23
like i say i have not put up the worst ,not a quality build though is it??small bolt heads on castors...lazy cutting of angles...some of the boxes were not square..
most the picture to big a file size for upload... i should have studied harder at school rather than play with noise :lol:

More
14 years 7 months ago #7834 by tony.a.s.s.
Were they cheap, what made you go there in the first place. Were they made in someone's garage ? (not that it means they will be bad. I used to build in my garage.) It's amazing today, just how many people build cabs to earn money.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

• crazybwoy23
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #7835 by crazybwoy23
some of the refurb i had to do on brand new boxes...took all week to do 8 of them,fully sanded filled FIVEcoats of aldcrofts...
had to straighten all of the grills as they had been rushed by builder...
like isay the list goes on and on ...also note how light the blue is for a turbo blue...
Attachments:

• crazybwoy23
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #7836 by crazybwoy23
hello tony,,yes they were cheap....lots of people have commented on this guys builds including yourself...
now this was a small part of me deciding to go with this...
i could not find anything negative about him unlike shortman ect...
when i went to his workshop he had one of you 21 horns...i picked up on that he said you knew about it and was cool...
thought that wasd nice of you...
saw some boxes he said he built they looked really good...
placed my order in end of july...
got excuse after excuse for being longer than six weeks as aranged...
when i picked them up i started to notice problems then and mentioned it...
had to accept as was as had a job next day...
when loading my 12 18 subs i was getting rather depressed looking at the quality of work, same with the cabs for my skeleton760s
spoke to the guy he said to bring them back to be refurbed..not good for me as had commitments with rig ect...
two of my boxesw were warped they do not sit nicley on eachother ectlike u can see from 6 ft away not straight ...like the fence moved when cut...
we agreed that he would build me two more subs to replace them...this was in dec they were promised to me 2 weeks ago sinse then i have got bored of excuses ect...
so i have told him i no longer require his service...as i own the boxes ect i feel nishould put this up although i am embarressed by this situation,,i feel no one else who loves sound should have to deal with six months of excuses ect...
i have made myself clear i do not blame anyone but myself for this,but if i had known what others have since said to me about him i could have made a more informed decision....
maybe i suffere from ocd but i do have a standard and this was explained
regards z

More
14 years 7 months ago #7838 by tony.a.s.s.
If I have commented on this guy's work before, I still haven't a clue who it is. If I ever make remarks about other peoples work, they are only ever good ones. It's not my place to criticize anyone in a bad way.
My cabs seem to expensive for some people, but this episode with cheap cabs rather makes my point.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

• crazybwoy23
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #7839 by crazybwoy23
you are right you do get what you pay for ....
for what i spent i am happy ,but not with the build or all the making good i had to do...
it made me loose sleep....funny, as insomnia induced this by the workmanship, excuses and some lies...
not good....
glad i saved every bit of communication...
life is sure a learning curve and i hope i have just taught a lesson...

More
14 years 7 months ago #7840 by mykey-
can you handle some more bad news?

.......that's not 13 lam Russian birch, it looks like some samples I got from China

the Chinese are importing birch veneers in from Russia and making the boards themselves, mixing the laminates with poplar core

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds