Versi-Bin

More
14 years 5 months ago #8305 by jsg
Versi-Bin was created by jsg
Wouldn't it be cool to get a scoop - probably one of those large rear chamber ones - and make the driver baffle removable.

With it installed in the usual position, you get a scoop, obviously.

If you reverse it and slide it to the back of the chamber, then insert a new solid panel about half way into the chamber you get a regular folded horn.

If you remove the solid baffle and put a baffle with a port in it, flush with the outside of the box, you have a ported horn.

Three different bins in one, for three different sounds, and three different personal tastes. Could the Versi-bin build a bridge between the scoop community and the rest of the bass bin world? Does this forum constitute prior art?

Edit: Oh and ported baffles in front of the horn flare outlet makes a bandpass. I'm surprised I missed that one!

Ars est celare artem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8308 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Versi-Bin
interesting....... the trouble is wouldnt it be more of a comprimise bin.... does all but not the best at any........ smiley23

More
14 years 5 months ago #8309 by jsg
Replied by jsg on topic Versi-Bin
Well the designs for each "mode" would share a lot of common dimensions. We would have to be astronomically lucky to get a spot on design for all the modes. So yes, there would be compromises.

Ars est celare artem

More
14 years 5 months ago #8311 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Versi-Bin
still very interesting, would be good for a mobile setup where each gig has its own needs.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8332 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Versi-Bin
JSG, you better get down to that plywood shop, and let us know how you get on.
Seriously though, I am always cautious of loose baffles anywhere, especially when it comes to bass cabs. You would really have to nail things down.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds