Looking for help designing a cabinet for my 15" Peavey

• jtbrown
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #8340 by jtbrown
Hi. I am a mobile DJ and have built many cabinets in my career. I have reciently built the punisher II and love the sound you get from a folded horn. But it was too heavy for me to lug around up stairs to gigs. I have a Peavey Pro 15LF Driver. The parameters are VAS 331.6, Qts 0.425, Xmax 2.5, Cms 324.6, Qms 3.576, Le 0.74. Can anyone recommend a horn cabinet with this woofer?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8341 by satassfaction
Replied by satassfaction on topic Looking for help designing a cabinet for my 15" Peavey
If the punisher was giving u an awesome sound I personally would only replace the punisher with a cab that would give an even better sound! As for it being too heavy to lug about u won't get a great deal of sympathy from many about the weight of cabs.
Personally if you can, when you price a job price in the cost of an assisatant (roadee) then u can lift the kit with ease. And tell the people you're doing the gig for they are paying for better than average sound, which is why it costs a bit more.
Having said all that there's probably members on this site that may be familar with your driver and may be able to advise something for your needs, and post some plans for you. Good luck, hope it works out. If you do build a cab, please take some pics and post them on the forum as we'd all like to see them and know what tools you used and anything speaker cab construction related.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds