Sad News.

• tony.a.s.s.
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #9164 by tony.a.s.s.
Sad News. was created by tony.a.s.s.
My dear friend Mike Cotter has died. It's perhaps only older members that will remember mike. Mike was Mr. Gauss. He was the man you bought your speakers from in the early days. Mike was well know by all the '70's and 80's PA companies, because most Rental companies wanted the same thing, including me, which was Gauss bass speakers and JBL tops. He did all the recones, and it's where I cut my teeth on speakers, because I would spend all afternoon with mike yaking and stripping and cleaning up speakers ready for him. He had a good business until people started doing it themselves. We were family friends and it's a shock. Perhaps I will say more later. Another part of our history gone.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 1 month ago #9167 by
Replied by on topic Sad News.
Sorry to hear your sad news Tony.

Thoughts are with you and his family & friends.

Will.

More
14 years 1 month ago #9168 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Sad News.
i am sorry to hear of you loss Tony, and speaker lovers all around the world. My prayers are with his family and yours at this sad time. smiley13

More
14 years 1 month ago #9169 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Sad News.
I have just heard that Mick Williams (RCF UK) passed away, on Sunday. The loss of another true gent. My prayers are with your family too.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #9274 by COZY PILLOW
Replied by COZY PILLOW on topic Sad News.
Just spotted this thread Tony. I apoligise if this post is a year too late. I hope that I don't offend anyone by re-opening this thread.

But, I beleive that true friends are very hard to lose and remember that his legacy is there for you and both your families to pass on. I am sure Mike will be forever in your mind and Heart.

Kindest Regards,

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds