My Ported Horns

• super-hero
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #9197 by super-hero
My Ported Horns was created by super-hero
I have 4 ported horns loaded with Fane 18xb's. And would like to know the best way to stack them in a group. Should I have the horn mouths together or the ports together. Or does it not matter.

There is also going to be times when they are stacked in pairs. I wanted to stack them like they are in the photo, as this gives me a good height to put mid tops on them.

Any suggestions on setup, much appreciated. Thanks.

I\'m not an animal. I\'m a human being.

www.phase-audio.co.uk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #9198 by bee
Replied by bee on topic My Ported Horns
i would opt to stack them mouths together or mouths to the floor..... just my 10p worth... lol

More
14 years 1 month ago #9200 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic My Ported Horns
It's hard to know really, until you can measure them somehow. There is a photo of an install I did years ago with BS600's on the bottom end. When it came to doing the end columns I had a choice of which way round I could stack them. With a one sided horn like the BS600, people quite naturally try to make one large horn out of 2 boxes. Anyway, I analyzed them in situ, and found that all boxes had to have to horn leading down to the floor even when they were stacked, so you can never tell until you test them in place.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
14 years 1 month ago #9212 by chaudio
Replied by chaudio on topic My Ported Horns
I would stack them as you've got them, should be fine. But experimentation is the only way to tell properly.

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds