re: uploading multiple pics?

• COZY PILLOW
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 11 months ago #9857 by COZY PILLOW
re: uploading multiple pics? was created by COZY PILLOW
Sorry to bring this old one up again. I was trying to upload pics from imageshack onto a thread but I have forgotten how to do it. I've tried uploading single pics as per the "HOW TO" thread but my pics are bigger than the 1MB limit. Could some kind soul help a silly Scotsman to put up some nice pictures?

Cheers! :oops:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #9860 by Tony Wilkes
Replied by Tony Wilkes on topic re: uploading multiple pics?
Jim, It would be a good idea to reduce the size of your pictures anyway so that they can be uploaded/downloaded a lot quicker and can be seen in a more suitable size on most monitors.

If you do not have a suitable programme to do this I would recommend "Gimp" for windows. This is a highly competent free-ware program which has a good following so it should be very easy for you to get advice on how to run it.

You will then be able to resize your images as well as save them in a different format i.e. jpg. gif, etc.

Download from here gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html

Tony

More
13 years 11 months ago #9861 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic re: uploading multiple pics?
I've only loaded my own photos via Image Shack, so I don't know whether thats the same as lifting things out of Image Shack. I just put my stuff onto desk top and go from there. Image Shack is now easier and quicker than it used to be. It has a forum image section to choose. Picture size will come out like the ones I've posted recently.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

• COZY PILLOW
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 11 months ago #9935 by COZY PILLOW
Replied by COZY PILLOW on topic re: uploading multiple pics?
Thanks Guys, I have uploaded my pics 640 X 480 on to Image Shack.

It's just the way that I would put the links to Image Shack on to a Thread. I can't remember how to do this so my pictures would show immediately on a thread once the page is opened? At the moment all I can do is paste the link address into the thread page, which you can see from the Cubo 18 thread.

I am sure that it should be possible to put these links in to FSP so the when the thread page opens you would see a pic not a link?

Cheers, Jim. smiley20

More
13 years 11 months ago #9940 by bee
Replied by bee on topic re: uploading multiple pics?
do you mean copy and past the img code......... from image shack to fsp post....

• COZY PILLOW
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 11 months ago #9941 by COZY PILLOW
Yes Bee. I can copy and paste the image code from image shack on to a post. But, when I go to view the post all I see is the hyperlink address. the photos don't load up as the page opens just like they do when I open this post.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" freespeakerplans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&p=9867#p9867 ">viewtopic.php?f=15&p=9867#p9867

this is what I am trying to master?

Thanks, J.

More
13 years 11 months ago #9944 by bee

More
13 years 11 months ago #9945 by bee
Replied by bee on topic re: uploading multiple pics?
ok sorted you need to copy past the info on the links to share your image menu.(bottom left of image shack screen) in the forum code option on image shack...... hope this helps. smiley33

• COZY PILLOW
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 11 months ago #9961 by COZY PILLOW
Cheers Bee I will give it a try. smiley20 smiley20

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds