FSP Moderation Policy - What is it ?

More
13 years 2 months ago #14317 by Rog Mogale
Replied by Rog Mogale on topic FSP Moderation Policy - What is it ?

levyte357 wrote: Please don't dig up anymore past history Rog, it is getting embarrassing.

Yeah, I'll stop now. Sorry smiley2
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 2 months ago #14318 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic FSP Moderation Policy - What is it ?
Back to Mods, I never wanted to be a moderator in the first place, so whoever is in charge, can they please take me off.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders
More
13 years 2 months ago #14319 by Rog Mogale
Thing is that ‘most’ people accepted that we were a new company and made mistakes. A new company has a lot to offer as it can move quickly and adapt, as its not got much to lose. Many can see this and can live with the mistakes. There will always be a few who will ‘capitalise’ on the mistakes that people make when they are new to business. But as most have been there themselves and are professional in conduct, they let it pass knowing they may be part of something greater down the line.

You could always just go for the quick buck though and stuff what people think of you afterwards.
More
13 years 2 months ago #14320 by saul
Replied by saul on topic FSP Moderation Policy - What is it ?
so do you not have any issues getting involved in inflammatory business on forums, readily viewed by the public, whilst being a representative of sorts, for Void acoustics then?
More
13 years 2 months ago #14321 by Rog Mogale
No problem at all mate.

If it means the world gets a better deal then I’ll give up tomorrow, as that’s the outcome if I just sit here and say nothing.
More
13 years 2 months ago #14322 by Rog Mogale
The world as we all know it will change very soon. The experiment that has been the US, to give everyone everything they want without question since the mid 1940’s, is over. It didn’t work and the parties over. So get used to it.

We have all been lead to believe that we need things and to be good consumers. You can blame the marketing men on this one. It’s why my company doesn’t have marketing and never will.

The fact is that if we continue to use the same amount of resources as we do now, then by 2030, we will need 2 earths to supply all we need. Trouble is we don’t have 2 earths, so something’s got to give.

I make dame sure that everything I make is built to last as long as it can and use as less materials as I can get away with. Building near to sales is also very important as it cuts down on wasteful transport. I’m also on the efficiency buzz and make sure everything I design makes the best use of what we have left. If I were not aware of this I would close my business down tomorrow, as I can’t live with the harm it maybe causing this world. I don’t give a shit about profit or how much I sale as I’m not interested in money. I do care if people’s children get a world to live in though.
More
13 years 2 months ago #14323 by audiomik
Replied by audiomik on topic FSP Moderation Policy - What is it ?

levyte357 wrote: Seems we have a pile of moderators, but no moderation gets done (Except in R&C)...

Recent events clearly show coherent, agreed, uniform "standards" must be put in place, for any worthwhile moderation to take place here, and prevent anarchy from consuming this place as well.

Other forums run much more smoothly, when users know they will be held accountable for whatever they post.

Suggestions?

Think this tread lost it's way from it's original purpose so am replying to the question asked (above) in the very first post

A suggestion:
add a 'Conditions of Membership' and 'Rules' which set guidelines and boundaries for both Members AND Moderators which can then also be referred to in cases of dispute.

As a suggestion for a starting point to construct a set of 'Rules' for FSP; have a look at those for the UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum where a good number of points raised here are already well covered in plain English.
www.vintage-radio.net/rules.html

Now there have been various comments regarding the interpretation and/or implementation of action by Moderation on here; but there isn't any clear reference as to how or when this should or shouldn't occur, thus tending to promote arguments rather than resolving issues.
Think of a set of rules as being more a set of boundary lines and not a restriction to any relevant discussion, which may be either positive or negative in content so long as it remains in context of the appropriate thread.

Now there is a very good example of divergence from the thread topic within this one which might well be a good example from which to formulate, or amend other's rules from, to be appropriate here......

By the way, I've had a good look here and not found any 'Rules', so by definition it has to be assumed that there are likewise no 'Moderation Rules' either

Mik
More
13 years 2 months ago #14324 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic FSP Moderation Policy - What is it ?

levyte357 wrote: Seems we have a pile of moderators, but no moderation gets done (Except in R&C)...

Recent events clearly show coherent, agreed, uniform "standards" must be put in place, for any worthwhile moderation to take place here, and prevent anarchy from consuming this place as well.

Other forums run much more smoothly, when users know they will be held accountable for whatever they post.

Funny how we don't see rants & raves or trolls tolerated on Pro audio forum?

Suggestions?

Yes. Lock the thread. It is negative and can only cause de-stabilisation of the forum as ultimatly seeked by some (negative SP comments).

Ask Florian if he has an opinion.

Meanwhile if Tony wants out of being a mod then we need volunteers that can be active that are not in the game for profit.
More
13 years 2 months ago #14326 by matrix amp
Replied by matrix amp on topic FSP Moderation Policy - What is it ?
interesting smiley35

uk made
  • heathrow_b_line
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 2 months ago #14327 by heathrow_b_line
Replied by heathrow_b_line on topic FSP Moderation Policy - What is it ?
The fsp moderation policy is as follows -

moderation in moderation

we are all adults and are expected to behave accordingly

thread locked

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds