FSP:Paypal Funding Scheme

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 5 months ago #17061 by levyte357
FSP:Paypal Funding Scheme was created by levyte357
Tis looking bit grim on the other side, and if the luke warm, brown stuff hits the proverbial fan, this place may get plenty busy, very quick.

Gotta deal with this sooner rather than later.

How would people feel about £12 GBP yearly subscription for normal members, £120 GBP per year for trade members, with difference being certain added benefits for trader accounts?

All cash going to Flo/Bomb' for Site maintenance/hardware, and legal insurance. smiley36

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #17062 by audiomik
Replied by audiomik on topic FSP:Paypal Funding Scheme
Think that the clue to an answer is in the Name of this Site.....
Mik

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 5 months ago #17063 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic FSP:Paypal Funding Scheme

audiomik wrote: Think that the clue to an answer is in the Name of this Site.....
Mik

I think the name of the site refers to being free from politics, big brother government, agendas, proxy wars fought for companies
by their groupies.. (And as I was around at the time of the crap flying around, that caused this site's inception, I'm a witness.)

As opposed to the owner of the site being expected to provide web site, resources, forum, server hardware/software maintenance free of charge.

Users not financially contributing to the running of a forum results in drastic decisions we see evident in the other place.

smiley2

More
12 years 5 months ago #17064 by simonh
Replied by simonh on topic FSP:Paypal Funding Scheme

levyte357 wrote:

audiomik wrote: Think that the clue to an answer is in the Name of this Site.....
Mik

I think the name of the site refers to being free from politics, big brother government, agendas, proxy wars fought for companies
by their groupies.. (And as I was around at the time of the crap flying around, that caused this site's inception, I'm a witness.)

As opposed to the owner of the site being expected to provide web site, resources, forum, server hardware/software maintenance free of charge.

Users not financially contributing to the running of a forum results in drastic decisions we see evident in the other place.

smiley2

I'd be happy to pay a subscription like you suggested Lev.

More
12 years 5 months ago #17070 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic FSP:Paypal Funding Scheme
I think the fee should be payed only by who want to use the For Sale section. So who don't pay can't create thread on for sale section.

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 5 months ago #17073 by levyte357

bitzo wrote: I think the fee should be payed only by who want to use the For Sale section. So who don't pay can't create thread on for sale section.

But forum software/hardware still costs money to maintain, regardless if people use for sale or not ?

If we want large forum, with many users/info online, will require upgrades right, should we expect to use
that all for free, while Florian/Adambomb pay for it, and give up their time for free ?

More
12 years 5 months ago #17085 by tweeter box
Replied by tweeter box on topic FSP:Paypal Funding Scheme
i am a genius so i have the solution:

EVERYONE MUST PAY A £5 JOINING FEE, THIS WILL COVER THEM TO ACCESS ALL PARTS OF THE FORUM FOR A YEAR
IN ORDER TO ADVERTISE OR BROWSE THE "FOR SALE" SECTION YOU MUST HAVE A MIN OF 100 POSTS

problem solved, i lie?

Time is longer than road.

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 5 months ago #17088 by levyte357

Tweeter Box wrote: i am a genius so i have the solution:

EVERYONE MUST PAY A £5 JOINING FEE, THIS WILL COVER THEM TO ACCESS ALL PARTS OF THE FORUM FOR A YEAR
IN ORDER TO ADVERTISE OR BROWSE THE "FOR SALE" SECTION YOU MUST HAVE A MIN OF 100 POSTS

problem solved, i lie?

Nah,

£5, peanuts mate..

£12 per year for reg users is nothing, Business sellers will be making hundreds per month, so £10 pm fee is more than fair.

For sale forum would need plenty of planning, as SP For sale is definitely gone.

More
12 years 5 months ago #17089 by tweeter box
Replied by tweeter box on topic FSP:Paypal Funding Scheme

levyte357 wrote:

Tweeter Box wrote: i am a genius so i have the solution:

problem solved, i lie?

Nah,

£5, peanuts mate..

£12 per year for reg users is nothing, Business sellers will be making hundreds per month, so £10 pm fee is more than fair.

For sale forum would need plenty of planning, as SP For sale is definitely gone.

the £5 figure is jus an example as ive no idea how much it costs to run a site coz i do it free from work but u get the jist of what i mean, i recon it can work this way n i dunno why Bruce is being so stuck up about it
but yes im with paying a fee whatever it may be smiley20

Time is longer than road.

• thepersonunknown
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 5 months ago #17092 by thepersonunknown
Replied by thepersonunknown on topic FSP:Paypal Funding Scheme
im happy to pay. its only some beers, and i find this much more productive. problem is... wont that kill off new members? perhaps there should be a trial period or something. i dont know, but i think it could kill things if people are expected to pay straight up

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds