FSP:Paypal Funding Scheme

More
12 years 5 months ago #17094 by cravings
Replied by cravings on topic FSP:Paypal Funding Scheme
many of the best contributers to sp aren't from uk. imagine if someone like staiper / walt couldn't post etc cos they didn't pay to cover the cost of a for sale section that mainly serves uk members?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 5 months ago #17099 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic FSP:Paypal Funding Scheme

cravings wrote: many of the best contributers to sp aren't from uk. imagine if someone like staiper / walt couldn't post etc cos they didn't pay to cover the cost of a for sale section that mainly serves uk members?

Cost isn't just to cover for sale section though is it? It would be towards maintaining site.

Think we have been spoilt by using forums for years for free, and expecting someone else to pay for everything to keep it up.

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 5 months ago #17128 by levyte357

cravings wrote: many of the best contributers to sp aren't from uk. imagine if someone like staiper / walt couldn't post etc cos they didn't pay to cover the cost of a for sale section that mainly serves uk members?

Had 2nd thoughts about this, maybe you're right.

More
12 years 5 months ago #17130 by bee
Replied by bee on topic FSP:Paypal Funding Scheme
lev do changes need to happen hear... better moderation of the for sale section may be needed in time. But if the for sale section grows to the size that it did on sp then addiquit cover will be needed... and to fund this im sure donations would be greatly recieved..... some times if it aint broke dont try to fixit, if it needs a tweek then tweek it.....

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 5 months ago #17132 by levyte357

bee wrote: lev do changes need to happen hear... better moderation of the for sale section may be needed in time. But if the for sale section grows to the size that it did on sp then addiquit cover will be needed... and to fund this im sure donations would be greatly recieved..... some times if it aint broke dont try to fixit, if it needs a tweek then tweek it.....

Yes.

• thepersonunknown
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 5 months ago #17155 by thepersonunknown
Replied by thepersonunknown on topic FSP:Paypal Funding Scheme
Y not do a google type job. if people are obvioulsy making a living of the for sale section, the charge them. like a feel free to build 4 cabs deal. the easy thing is that on a forum everything we say is on paper. if the general concecsus is that someones making mony from the forum, then they pay or piss off. itns not like we have a constitution or nothing
perhaps im simplifing too much, but im sure we ca be more arbitrary about this.

dave aka thepersonunknown

• thepersonunknown
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 5 months ago #17156 by thepersonunknown
walt has been here for a long time. i gues that was what made u tick on this one lev?

More
12 years 5 months ago #17210 by giveortake
Replied by giveortake on topic FSP:Paypal Funding Scheme
AFAIK we will keep FSP free, any trouble with the "For sale" section will make us implement a minimum post count.

I found a better webserver that is half the price of this existing server, so no worries with costs, webhosting is so cheap nowadays.

The switch to the new server is almost done, the migration is going well.I will keep you updated, everything should be ready very soon.

What is your philosophy of life or your creed ?
\"Have a good time, ALL THE TIME\"

Wisdom is better than silver and gold !

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #17212 by levyte357

thepersonunknown wrote: walt has been here for a long time. i gues that was what made u tick on this one lev?

These types of communities thrive on input from people like Rog, Tony "A.S.S." Rossells, Walt, Staiper, "Dave FFA", Andy Matrix, Bob Lee, Tony Andrews, ArthurG, PauliePaul etc..

Sometimes their input/foresight is priceless, so unwise to deter their input, by obligatory subscription.

Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by levyte357.

• thepersonunknown
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 5 months ago #17246 by thepersonunknown

levyte357 wrote:

thepersonunknown wrote: walt has been here for a long time. i gues that was what made u tick on this one lev?

These types of communities thrive on input from people like Rog, Mykey, Tony "A.S.S." Rossells, Walt, Staiper, "Dave FFA", Andy Matrix, Bob Lee, Tony Andrews, ArthurG, PauliePaul etc..

Sometimes their input/foresight is priceless, so unwise to deter their input, by obligatory subscription.

yea i guess the comment i made was just looking at the tip of the icerberg, but i like his style, although very greatful to all of the above, and now i think about it i could add a couple more, some of whom unfortunatly are not here.

good to hear that free speakerplans will be free, but i think that as a resource for people like ourselves (which is quite a large variety of folks) frespeakeplans (or the like) is priceless.

Edid: ive just realised that my comment could realy make it look like i undervalue the contributions of some posters. i stress that this is not the case, and thoes i refer to im sure know who they are.

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds