Cubo 15

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #20427 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Re: Cubo15
Hi,

For what purpose/ environment do you want to use the Delta's? They'll work in a Cubo 15 Standard but they were never intended (by design) to be used in a dedicated PA bass cabinet. A Cubo 15 will boost the output below 100 Hz quite a bit but limit the use above 100 Hz (by quite a bit). With a couple 100 Watts (say 200 - 300 Wmax) the Delta would survive, assuming a decent high pass at 40 - 45 Hz is used. If you're going for the higher high pass setting, you might as well make the Cubo 15 less wide, or keep it at it's current width if you're ever thinking of upgrading your driver.

Best regards

Cubo
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Cubo15.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #20429 by DjMattiB
Replied by DjMattiB on topic Re: Cubo15
Mr Cubo,

So here is a question. You just said that the Cubo 15 were never designed to be dedicated PA cabinets. I assume that your saying that there not meant to be your only bass cabinet..??.. What is the ideal setup to use with a Cubo 15 in say a medium sized room?? Just a full range top? Or a separate kick cabinet then a full range for mid and high end?

I do own a pair of Cubo 15's and I love them!! I am a mobile wedding/party Dj and have used them for 3 events so far and love the deep bass they give with my set of eminence.

Thanks for everything!!

Matt,
DjMattiB

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #20441 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Re: Cubo15

Cubo15 wrote: Hi,

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah? The Delta 15's will work in a Cubo 15 Standard but the Delta 15's were never intended (by design) to be used in a dedicated PA bass cabinet (such as the Cubo). A Cubo 15 blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah (blah blah blah) blah blah blah (blah blah) blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Cubo 15 blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blaaagggh

It's good to hear you like 'em, that made my day. Personally I think adding a kick bin to the set-up will be beneficial somewhere around the 300 mark (amount of peeps) but some setup's require a kickbin for 50 people and some setups do not require a kickbin at all.

With the right amount of beer/ drugs any system becomes the ideal system :p

Best regards

Cubo
The following user(s) said Thank You: hazzbo

More
11 years 1 month ago #20446 by jaz
Replied by jaz on topic Re: Cubo15
Hi Cubo

I was intending to use them for small indoor events, nothing to large. I have a x-over which will allow me to get the frequency down to the 40-50htz mark and am not to worried about high pass bass, as I have a full range cabinet able to deliver this type of bass and frequency.
I was hoping to get the deltas to try and achieve a low pass frequency more effectively to deliver a deeper, and heavier bass. The speakers are rated at 300watts and I have a equal power rating from my amplifier at 8ohms, so would not be pushing any more power through them that you mentioned.

when you said they were never intended to be used as dedicated PA bass cabinet, I thought you meant the deltas, as I have checked the technical specification on these and realised they are not specifically dedicated as a bass driver.

I was hoping that the cubo 15 would enhance the bass and give me that deeper and heavier bass I'm trying to get from the deltas.

Thanks

Jaz

More
11 years 1 month ago #20451 by djv-rod
Replied by djv-rod on topic Cubo15
Can U get the plans for the cubo 15 sent to me? I can't wait to build this for my studio/DJ room.

More
11 years 1 month ago #20454 by Hasselstream
Replied by Hasselstream on topic Re: Cubo 15
Hi could you please tell me if theese drivers will work well in cubo 15?
item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewitem?item...130780549&cmd=VIDESC
I have 4 cubo ready for the rcf.

Should i Mount the driver inside the box or the magnet in the front visible.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #20460 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Re: Cubo 15
@Jaz: Use Cubo 15 in the 40 - 110 Hz range, it will give (much) more output then the closed box and should be more suited for small indoor events.

@djv-rod: Mail me at questionsaboutcubo @ gmail dot com or download the plans at this site from the plans-section.

@Hasselstream: Considering the small-ish Vas, preferably use Cubo 15 Extended, start it of with the magnet visible.

Best regards

Cubo

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #20465 by anjmoor
Replied by anjmoor on topic Re: Cubo 15
I love my Cubo 15's best thing since sliced bread
[IMG
Uploaded with ImageShack.com
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by anjmoor. Reason: spelling

More
11 years 1 month ago #20467 by monop0d
Replied by monop0d on topic Cubo15
Hello Cubo and freespeakerplans.com

I might get a great deal on these drivers. Will they play well in the Cubos?

www.cybermarket.co.uk/shop/speaker-build...-pa-bass-852095.html

Regards monop0d

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #20481 by peter donkers
Replied by peter donkers on topic Cubo15
Hello Cubo
I've got a pare off eminence difinimax 4015 lf
Do you think the will work in the Cubo 15?
I really like the compact design!
I want to combine two Cubo 15 cabs with two active Lem 15.2 pfm
By doing so I hope to get some really extra low-end for the bass and kick of my band . Thx. Peter

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds