Why is here not more successful?

• thepersonunknown
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 5 months ago #17039 by thepersonunknown
Replied by thepersonunknown on topic Why is here not more successful?
im not sure how to quote, but i wanted to repy to what u said lev.

im not going to say there were no legal problems (as im not in the know to make such an accusation), and ive followed more than a few threads where a solid comunity has hunted down con artists (sometimes with great efficiency).

what i dont buy is the bollox way this was marketed to us. i think someone one in some thread said something bout smoke and mirrors, and i think they were right.

y were we not told that the best option was to host on gumtree, y where we sent to ebay, and y was it directly sugested to pass the problems.... i meen post comercial adds on here

sorry im just not happy with the whole thing.

dave aka thepersonunknown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• thepersonunknown
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 5 months ago #17040 by thepersonunknown
Replied by thepersonunknown on topic Why is here not more successful?

Jimmer wrote: Another possibility is the fact that the "other site" is far easier to see and use, the layout is better. (my opinion of course)

Ive tried to use this site more, but it doesn't seem to have the same feel, whether thats because threads dont move as quick.....I dunno?

I will however actively try to use this more.

just worked out how to quote

thats a familiar avatar, yet only 7 posts. im not the only imigrant i see

More
12 years 5 months ago #17054 by Jimmer
Replied by Jimmer on topic Why is here not more successful?

thepersonunknown wrote:

Jimmer wrote: Another possibility is the fact that the "other site" is far easier to see and use, the layout is better. (my opinion of course)

Ive tried to use this site more, but it doesn't seem to have the same feel, whether thats because threads dont move as quick.....I dunno?

I will however actively try to use this more.

just worked out how to quote

thats a familiar avatar, yet only 7 posts. im not the only imigrant i see

Ha, ive been around here a little while, but just couldn't seem to settle. Combination of slow threads and a not so rider friendly layout I think......but i'm trying!

More
12 years 5 months ago #17102 by robbo
Replied by robbo on topic Why is here not more successful?
It really is a great shame that it has come to this but when the site owner has more interest in raking in money from the Ebay link up than in the general interest of the forum and 99% of its good and loyal members
It is now time for a change.

More
12 years 5 months ago #17114 by Jimmer
Agreed John.

Although he has just removed the section altogether now..not sure how he's going to get his eBay bonus now?

I just think Bruce could have handled thinks a little better and listened to peoples opinions on the matter. The whole.... "right i'm changing things, if you dont like it F*** off" attitude was bound to get peoples backs up. Reading into his posts, its clear to me that he's fed up with hosting the damn site anyway and it really is a matter of time before it gets shut down.

More
12 years 5 months ago #17115 by Dougies Music
Replied by Dougies Music on topic Why is here not more successful?

Jimmer wrote: Agreed John.

Although he has just removed the section altogether now..not sure how he's going to get his eBay bonus now?

I just think Bruce could have handled thinks a little better and listened to peoples opinions on the matter. The whole.... "right i'm changing things, if you dont like it F*** off" attitude was bound to get peoples backs up. Reading into his posts, its clear to me that he's fed up with hosting the damn site anyway and it really is a matter of time before it gets shut down.

Yeah I think his attitude towards decent loyal members has been pretty shitty.

Apparently void are the ones still footing the bill for everything (i.e. running costs and soliciters fees) - they just aren't paying bruce for his time.

Thing I don't get is - there have been numerous offers from members to compensate bruce for his time but he still doesn't want to do it - surely this means there literally is going to only be his way or the highway (excuse the lame analogy) until the site is hosted somewhere else by someone with an interest...

More
12 years 5 months ago #17123 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Why is here not more successful?
Is he a speaker builder or connected to sound in any way?

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
12 years 5 months ago #17154 by Dougies Music
Replied by Dougies Music on topic Why is here not more successful?
I was wrong - void aren't paying for anything - bruce's company are and have been ever since Rog left the forum. I think some of the solicitors fees may have been looked after by void (could be wrong again) but not the running costs.

Which fully explains his actions. I honestly cannot understand why the guy has stuck with it for so long - i know I would have got out a long time ago if it were me in his shoes.

I think the way he's dealt with it has come across as harsh and maybe a few things have been left out in the explaining to the forum members, but I guess it would with anyone who feels under attack by the very community they're back-boning.

More
12 years 5 months ago #17182 by robbo
Replied by robbo on topic Why is here not more successful?
I heard a story yesterday morning from a reliable source before Bruce posted up his angry speech that Void would be involved a lot more with the forum in the future and then seeing Bruces rant seems to confirm this.
Personally, I think that this would be a backward step as it would take the forum backwards in time to the days when it was very biased to Void products and promoting them and every time a negative comment was posted regarding Void gear, then the toys would be thrown out of the pram and threats of closing the site down were mooted
In fact if I remember correctly, it was because of this that this forum was originally set up as a safety net in case the threats were actually carried out.
I think that there are a lot more things going on behind the scenes that us poor members are aware of and speaking from a personal point of view and reading between a few lines, I have a feeling that the situation has been orchestrated with the removal of the for sale section in readiness and part of an agreement made with Void prior to them retaking over the forum as it has always been a well known fact that both Rog and the Void guys have always hated the for sale section as they think that it dominates the forum too much
I could be wrong about it but I don't think that I am far away from what is happening over there.
Anyways, over the last couple of days, I have quite enjoyed it over here--It is a bit daunting at first due to being completely different, but now I can find my way around a bit better, I can see certain things such as plans which are a lot more easily accessible than over on the other side--Cheers--John.

More
12 years 5 months ago #17184 by Jimmer

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: Is he a speaker builder or connected to sound in any way?

From what I can gather he used to be but not anymore. All a bit sad really....I said it would end in tears!

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds