Cubo 15

More
13 years 1 month ago #14616 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
Answered per e-mail.

Best regards

Cubo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #14629 by Amateur
Replied by Amateur on topic Cubo 15
Thank You!

I see him about the designs, pictures and reports of the result is. smiley20

More
13 years 1 month ago #14635 by COZY PILLOW
Replied by COZY PILLOW on topic Cubo 15
Just started building new cubo's with PDN15SB40's will post pics as soon as I can. Let you know how they sound. smiley20

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #15031 by sillysound
Replied by sillysound on topic Cubo 15
what about Radian 2216? I have a bunch of them from an old Apogee sound systemhere are the specs: radianaudio.com//index.php?page=shop.pro...chk=1&Itemid=40thnks !!

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #15033 by gsom111
Replied by gsom111 on topic Cubo 15
Is Cubo15 extende good for dance music? I have a pair of Funktion One R1's and need subs for them for small events, psytrance mostly.
What should be better - building 2 Cubos with top drivers about 1000-1200 watts each or 4 with cheaper 500-600 w woofers? I think 4 subs should go lower, am I right?
Do Cubos sound good in small rooms 30-40 sq. meters?

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #15075 by greg32
Replied by greg32 on topic Cubo 15
Hi Cubo i love the simplicity of the design, just want to know how a vintage jbl 2225h driver would perform in this design? i would prefer the extended rather than max output version regards Greg

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #15085 by Cubo15

what about Radian 2216? I have a bunch of them from an old Apogee sound systemhere are the specs:

That looks like a fine candidate for Cubo 15 Extended. It would benefit from a 40 Hz high pass on higher power levels though.

Best regards

Cubo

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #15086 by Cubo15

Is Cubo15 extende good for dance music?

Definately.

What should be better - building 2 Cubos with top drivers about 1000-1200 watts each or 4 with cheaper 500-600 w woofers? I think 4 subs should go lower, am I right?

It will be hard for 2 top drivers in two Cubo's to compete with 4 cheaper drivers in four Cubo 15's. It can be done but it will really come down to what driver you use. Cheaper models with minimum power compression would be a good start.

Do Cubos sound good in small rooms 30-40 sq. meters?

I'm going to place 2 x Cubo 18's in a similar room, for psytrance also. I'm going for that "hair that moves in syng with the beat effect". Smaller area's are no problem, you just might have to turn them down a bit.

Best regards

Cubo

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #15087 by Cubo15

just want to know how a vintage jbl 2225h driver would perform in this design? i would prefer the extended rather than max output version regards Greg

The JBL 2225H might be vintage but is still a capable driver. It works best in Cubo Extended. Maximum output is with the magnet in the chamber, maximum low frequency response is with the magnet in the horn (regardless of the Standard or Extended version).

Again a 40 Hz high pass or similar is advised.

Best regards

Cubo

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #15094 by greg32
Replied by greg32 on topic Cubo 15
Thanks for the quick response Cubo, i will upload picks as the build progresses. cheers Greg

Time to create page: 0.290 seconds