Cubo 15

More
13 years 5 days ago #15217 by gsom111
Replied by gsom111 on topic Cubo 15
Thanks for your answer, Cubo! I'm going to build subs this winter, so pics are to come later.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #15344 by crossed
Replied by crossed on topic Cubo 15
I am hoping to begin a build in about 2 weeks. I will be building 2 x extended Cubo15 for use mostly in my home in a 20'x30' room. At first I planned on making a pair of Cubo12s, but then decided to go with the 15s since I do occasionally take them out. In the house I can just turn it down if needed :thumbup:

For now I'm leaning towards using Dayton Audio PA380-8 15" Pro Woofer , if anyone sees a problem with it please let me know so I can reconsider. The speakers won't be used in a professional setting, so I believe they should be more than enough.

Thanks for uploading these plans for us to use!

More
12 years 11 months ago #15354 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
Building the larger cabinet is generally a good idea. Cubo 15 will increase sensitivty and low frequency output. For your purpose there's not a single problem using that driver that I'm aware about.

Best regards

Cubo

More
12 years 11 months ago #15488 by jaysinet
Replied by jaysinet on topic Cubo 15
Hey guys, new to the site and love the info provided. I have been tossing around the idea of building my own subs and was planning on going with the Billfitzmaurice Titan 48's but I am really interested in the Cubo 15 or Cubo 18. Can anyone that knows about the BFM's and the Cubo's just tell me in terms of sound output, throw, dB, SPL, etc, how the BFM horns compare to Cubo's? thanks

More
12 years 10 months ago #15585 by Carlos
Replied by Carlos on topic Cubo 15
Could you please send me the plans for the Cubo 15 extended version. Also i like the idea of the magnet in the chamber and not outside, would this change the dimentions of the box? I have 2 Yorkville B&C 15nd138-8 drivers for which i'm trying to get smoe specs no, if anyone got some info on these 15's please send it to slim@pathcom.com.Thanks.

More
12 years 10 months ago #15591 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Cubo 15
carlos the plans for this cab are in the plans section...

More
12 years 10 months ago #15594 by Carlos
So, i got lucky today and i got the parameters for the Yorkville B&C 15nd138-8 driver. So Mr Cubo they are, Fs=35hz, RE=5.1, Qes=0.3, Qms=5.2, Qts=0.28, Vas=113dm3(3.8ft3), Sd=855cm2(132.5 in2), EtaZero=1.95%, Xmax= +-9mm, Xvar= +- 11mm, Mms=163g, Bl=25.5Txm,Le=1.6mh, EBP=116Hz. Please let me know if it will work in the cubo 15 extended version. Thanks.

More
12 years 10 months ago #15595 by Carlos
Bee, i already saw it in the plans section, but i need the extended version, also i need to know what changes i need to make to the box to have the magnet in the chamber and not outside for the same sound.

More
12 years 10 months ago #15597 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Cubo 15
no changes needed for magnet in chamber, the extended version is an extra panel in the chamber making the horn longer, its defo in the plans section just under the normal plan....

www.freespeakerplans.com/cubo-15q.html

about 1 3rd down the page from top....

More
12 years 10 months ago #15598 by Carlos
Thanks bee!

Time to create page: 0.276 seconds