Cubo 15

More
11 years 8 months ago #19345 by bgrade
Replied by bgrade on topic Re: Cubo15
qsc is only claiming 830 watts on a 850 in mono bridge
www.qscaudio.com/products/amps/rmx/rmx.htm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #19346 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Re: Cubo15

From what I read, the QSC 850 puts out 1100 watts when bridged mono at 4 ohms. That should work if I run two speakers off one amp. (I have 2 amps) Am I figuring that right?

My mistake, that's the right setup for the DT. The KA should be driven in stereo configuration, either 1 or two drivers per channel.

I also found out that I can use the magnets on my KA drivers on DT baskets. (Replacement baskets are half the price of complete drivers.)

As far as I know, that should work.

Stacking in different configurations results in slight differences, personally I prefer the center stack over left and right stack (based on the coverage pattern achieved), however left + right is a practical setup. I would build 4 identical cabinets anyway.

@ bgrade: Apperently the USA 850 is an older discontinued series with higher ratings.

Best regards

Cubo

More
11 years 8 months ago #19347 by bgrade
Replied by bgrade on topic Re: Cubo15

Cubo15 wrote:
@ bgrade: Apperently the USA 850 is an older discontinued series with higher ratings.

Oh my mistake. Sorry about that.

More
11 years 8 months ago #19348 by racer59
Replied by racer59 on topic Cubo15
Is it best to put the cabinets on their side with the horn openings together?

More
11 years 8 months ago #19360 by THURO
Replied by THURO on topic Re: Cubo 15
Hey guys, been looking at this sub plan for a long time finally getting around to building a pair, here's what I plan to use:
Speakers:
Eminence Kappa Pro-15LF-2
Amp:
QSC PLX 1602 (Bridged Mono 4Ω 1600 watts)

I could also get my hands on some JBL 2226's and was wondering if the price differential was worth it, since those are regularly about double the price as the Eminence. The purpose of these are to be used in combination with powered tops, I'm hoping they reproduce some mid bass as well as sub frequencies so I can get the tops to be a bit louder. From what I've read it looks like I'll be putting the speaker inverted (magnet in chamber) since I usually do prefer warm rounded tonalities. One question I didn't seem to see answered, and excuse me if it has, was if you gained by stacking these? and if so, which way are you supposed to stack them? I was thinking of building another 2 and putting them on their side with basically bottoms touching or is this incorrect? In any case, after all I've read on these cabinets I'm quite certain they will not let me down and actually can't wait to turn them up for the first time, just have to build them first, hahaha.

Thanks.

More
11 years 8 months ago #19367 by t.geessounds
Replied by t.geessounds on topic Re: Cubo 15
r

More
11 years 8 months ago #19380 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Re: Cubo 15
Personally I wouldn't bother to go beyond what is practical or what does look best. I will dig up some measurements that show some differences between several configurations. The differences are there but are small.

I think the JBL is worth a price difference but double is bit far stretched. For that price you should be able to get drivers that are structurally above the 2226's.

A bridged PLX 1602 is a decent match as long as it doesn't clip.

@t.geessounds: r you sure?

Best regards

Cubo

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #19383 by THURO
Replied by THURO on topic Re: Cubo 15
Maybe it's different in other places, I just know here one pays an arm and a leg for JBL stuff.

Kappa New

JBL 2226H LF Used

It would be nice to see those numbers just for comparisons sake.

Thanks for the prompt reply Cubo.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by THURO. Reason: Kappa Link Fixed

More
11 years 6 months ago #19607 by jrock7
Replied by jrock7 on topic Re: Cubo 15
hi Mr. CUBO, am thinking of building a pair of Cubo 15 however , I was thinking if the size of the box could be alter to fit in my van back. The dimensions would be Height 76.2cm X width 50.8cm and depth 60.96cm. And if this is applicable , what changes would I have to make to the design?

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #19610 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Re: Cubo 15
imageshack.us/f/392/evt18c18650elqt1.jpg/

Sounds to me like you're pretty much asking for a T18. Take the height difference out of the lower section (adjust or leave out the lower corner panel) and make the width according to your needs.

I could look into what it does, but knowing hybrids, it seems the most sensible option.

Best regards

Cubo
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Cubo15. Reason: kinda

Time to create page: 0.262 seconds