Cubo 15

More
12 years 2 months ago #18629 by anjmoor
Replied by anjmoor on topic Re: Cubo 15
was there ever a suitable mid top plan here that complimented the cubo 15?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #18645 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Re: Cubo 15
All the midtop plans in the plan section look like they would work fine. Basically any top that has a solid 80 - 100 Hz will do.

Personally I mostly use 12"/1" full range tops or beafier.

Best regards

Cubo

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #18646 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Re: Cubo 15
Cubo 15's and white Warnes, a perfect couple for weddings.

Best regards

Cubo
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Cubo15.

More
12 years 2 months ago #18647 by anjmoor
Thanks Cubo, I have 12" with 1" speakers already so im ok for now. having biult these Cubo's has given me the bug to build something to go with them.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #18705 by anjmoor
Well what can I say??? ran one cubo and one mid top tonight for the first time and not even at party volume, concrete shed and everthing in there was rattling!!! I stood up on a chair to check what the mid tops were doing as I had one cubo on top of the other and the upper one was in use and had the most amazing vibrations pointing at my man area lol it made me jump and I nearly fell off the chair lol. cannot wait to run these hopefully if the 1300 watt amp I ordered today makes it here by sunday. top marks Cubo!
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by anjmoor. Reason: spelling mistake

More
12 years 2 months ago #18713 by crossed
Replied by crossed on topic Re: Cubo 15
When I take my system out its always playing pop type music so I always stack the two 15s I have for the extra SPL. Everyone has been crazy impressed so far.

They always want to brag on me since I built them, but I always point them to Mr. Cubo... I can't take the credit! :)

More
12 years 2 months ago #18721 by anjmoor
I got my first use out the Cubo's with some 12"+ 1" today at my daughters gymnastics display in a school sized basketball hall, although acoustics would have been an issue for a dance event the cubos kicked butt!!!!!!! as the last parents were leaving I whacked on a tech house tune and wound it up to give the new 15's a loosen up and wow!!!! one of the other guys there almost swore lol. big ups to Mr Cubo and hurry up with those kicks so I dont have to put top hats in my cubo's !

More
12 years 1 month ago #18759 by DjMattiB
Replied by DjMattiB on topic Re: Cubo 15
I just wanted to say thank you Mr. Cubo for sending me the and for the Cubo 15. It has been a busy summer and so I have not been online long enough to say thanks. I am in the process of building a pair for my rig and I can't wait to hear them!! :)

One question for everyone, what are people using for handles? I have seen a few with holes cut and then boxed in but wanted to see how that is working out or if using actual handles would be a benefit?

Also is anyone having issues with vibration noise with casters on the back of there Cubo?

Thanks again Mr. Cubo

DjMattiB

More
12 years 1 month ago #18764 by anjmoor
I ran my cubos up last week to see if any rattles or blowing noises from joints etc were present, mine are 500 watt 4 ohm a side and i ran them with a 1300 watt amp at 3/4 volume for a bit and there were no unwanted rattles or noises from anywhere on the cabs. I chose to not use ready made handles as Cubos original design did not have them.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #18768 by rojr001
Replied by rojr001 on topic Re: Cubo 15
Okay... I was finally able to build my pair and I just wanted to share how impressed I am with these cabinets. I loaded them with the EV drivers I had talked about before and I am pushing them with a QSC RMX1450. They sound amazing!! They will perform perfectly for small or large venues. They weight much less than the bass reflex cabs made out of MDF that I was using, and are 1/3 larger! I love these cabs! I choose to carpet mine with black carpet. Being a mobile DJ my equipment can take a beating and the carpeting will keep theses babies looking mint for much longer than paint. For anyone thinking about building a pair of these, GO FOR IT!! Thanks again for sharing Mr Cubo!!

Check them out:
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by rojr001.

Time to create page: 0.307 seconds