Cubo 15

More
12 years 4 months ago #17969 by rojr001
Replied by rojr001 on topic Cubo 15
Hello all,

I have two Electro Voice DL15BFH drivers that I have available to use. I will be making two of these Cubo cabinets but I am a little confused on which design will suit these drivers best. I am a mobile DJ in the US and I play a wide variety of music. I play everything from 50's big band to top 40, hip hop/rap etc. I also play all genres of spanish music. I think these cabinets will be absolutely pefect for what I do. My only concern is making the design that will give me the very best output. What difference does using MDF have versus the Birch Plywood that this design calls for? I know that MDF is heavier but will the output or note differ at all? Thank you in advance for any responses, and a very special thanks to Mr Cubo for sharing this ingenious design. smiley32 I hope you all have a great day!

I have attached the specs of my EV's below.

Please advise.... smiley20
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #18141 by anjmoor
Replied by anjmoor on topic Cubo 15
Embarking on building two Cubo 15's after the weekend, materials are being cut ready for pick up on Monday, drivers should be with me tues weds.
absolutely loving these threads there is plenty to learn from you guys expertise. smiley1 with regards to handles on the 15 extended, has anyone found the perfect positioning for the handle holes so they are still in the top of the chamber?

More
12 years 3 months ago #18218 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
The DL15 is best suited for Cubo 15 Extended. I would use it with an amplifier up to 450 -500 W (in combination with a 40 - 45 Hz high pass filter and ~100 - 110 Hz low pass).

The driver is quite efficient (pretty good actually) but will handle little power both thermally and mechanically due to the 2.5" voicecoil and 4 mm Xmax.

At moderate levels I do not think MDF will be bested by Baltic Birch, when using 1kW + amplifiers per driver I'm not so sure about that.

@Andy: What handles do you use?

Best regards

Cubo

More
12 years 3 months ago #18219 by anjmoor
Hi Cubo , I am thinking of trying a 100mm diameter hole either side located just above the baffle hole and boxing them tight so as just to allow the fingers to keep hold of the speaker, do you think this could have a detramental effect to the sound of the 15? If so I will opt for drop handles
BTW. I am building the extended 15

More
12 years 3 months ago #18271 by anjmoor
ok I am now dithering on selecting which drivers I may put in these, however I decided to have a dry run to see just how the first one would go together (no glue) TBH im waiting on some money from a job I did a month ago to fund everything else I need to finish these cabs. I have had great fun building these today and am now itching to order the drivers and other parts to get them finished.
Dry Build pics are here www.flickr.com/photos/anjmoor/

Dry Build,, hence no baffle hole cut yet.

More
12 years 3 months ago #18275 by bee

More
12 years 3 months ago #18276 by anjmoor
Thanks Bee, couldnt believe how big it actually is until its assembled lol

More
12 years 3 months ago #18384 by anjmoor
Replied by anjmoor on topic Re: Cubo 15
At Last I have been able to order the rest of the bits I need to move forward with my build Prob wont be here for a week or so.... I have to say I am a bit excited lol

More
12 years 3 months ago #18492 by anjmoor
parts arrived more pics added www.flickr.com/photos/anjmoor/

More
12 years 3 months ago #18511 by anjmoor
One down and one to go, had to finish one first so I had enough room to build the next haha
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds