Cubo 15

More
11 years 6 months ago #19616 by jrock7
Replied by jrock7 on topic Re: Cubo 15
Hi Cubo ,do you know if anyone tried using an 18 inch speaker in the Cubo 15? And if so whats the result? Good or Bad sound, how loud etc...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #19627 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Re: Cubo 15
Biggest issue would be to fit the 18" driver on the baffle, for that reason Cubo 18 was made: www.freespeakerplans.com/plans/14-plans/basscab/11-cubo-18

Performance is driver dependant, if maximum SPL was the main concern, I would choose Cubo 18 with the right driver.

Best regards

Cubo

More
11 years 6 months ago #19646 by indianmaniac
Replied by indianmaniac on topic Re: Cubo 15
Cubo

Can the following speaker selenium WPU1507-SLF work in your cubo 15 design ??

Thanks....

More
11 years 6 months ago #19660 by Cubo15
It seems there are several different T/S-parameters to be found for this driver, luckily all of them work ;)

Xmax is 4.3 mm calculated (Hvc-Hgap)/2 and around 6 mm if 1/4 Hgap is added, so it isn't a lot but it will work if the power is kept in check. The only thing to be noted is that the Xlim is 9 mm, which by my definition makes it a budget bass driver that's on the light side or something to be put in a top.

Personally I would give it 400 -500 Watts and a 40 - 45 Hz high pass.

Best regards

Cubo

More
11 years 6 months ago #19668 by quno90
Replied by quno90 on topic Re: Cubo 15
Hi Cubo.

We are planning to build 2x Cubo 15 with either Kappa Pro 15-lf2 or Kappa 15-LFA for outdoor usage.

We will be adding 2x BFM OmniTop12.

The amp will be an Amp 9b from 41 hz ( shop.41hz.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=796 ) which have an output of around 4x50w.

We have a miniDSP to do the crossovers.

What will benefit us the most? The normal or the extended Cubo?

Where do you suggest that we make the crossover?

We choose the amp and miniDSP because they have a low power usage and we have a limited power supply (3-4 car batteries for 8-9 days) during Roskilde Festival.

Thanks in advance.

More
11 years 6 months ago #19679 by Cubo15
Considering the driver choice, Cubo 15 Extended is the best bet for both.

Crossover as high as you'll think sounds right but I would try to get it a little over 110 Hz. Also I would try out the Omni's fullrange and only the Cubo's through the crossover. High pass at 35 - 45 Hz and stacking the Cubo's for that free 3 dB.

Any solar panel or anything to recharge? Especially because you've got car batteries.
Car batteries generally are not made to be discharged beyond 10 - 20 % of their capacity. Led gel batteries and deep cycle batteries get closer to 50 % (IIRC 10.8 - 11.0 Volt as the max).

How about a bicycle with a generator? A single person could cycle the system.

Best regards

Cubo

More
11 years 6 months ago #19686 by quno90
Replied by quno90 on topic Re: Cubo 15

Cubo15 wrote: Any solar panel or anything to recharge? Especially because you've got car batteries.
Car batteries generally are not made to be discharged beyond 10 - 20 % of their capacity. Led gel batteries and deep cycle batteries get closer to 50 % (IIRC 10.8 - 11.0 Volt as the max).

How about a bicycle with a generator? A single person could cycle the system.

Best regards

Cubo

My mistake.
The "car"batteries we have are a special form of GEL/Deep Cycle batteries and if we end up being low on power we can get more.

What do you mean by stacking?
I am familiar of "V-plating" but I can't stack them on top of each other due to height limitations.

We will start building 2x Cubo 15 Extended.

Thank you.

More
11 years 6 months ago #19689 by jrock7
hi Cubo , do you think the selenium 15sws800 subwoofer would work well in the Cubo15 box?

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #19717 by Cubo15

What do you mean by stacking?

An orderly collection of loudspeaker enclosures, often arranged in vertical and/ or horizontal layers, so that the radiating surfaces combine.

V-plating would even be better ;)

do you think the selenium 15sws800 subwoofer would work well in the Cubo15

That's one of them fishy low Vas drivers, better put it into Cubo 15 Extra Extended to make sure it behaves.

Only a direct e-mail will surface those plans (amongst others).

Best regards

Cubo
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Cubo15.

More
11 years 5 months ago #19805 by jrock7
hello Mr. Cubo, what if you were to put a 45 degree bracing straight across the back to the bottom inside of the box instead of the 2 triangular brace , would you get a better throw and higher spl from the Cubo15 box? or would there be any advantage or disadvantage to how it would sound?

Time to create page: 0.315 seconds