Cubo 15

More
12 years 1 month ago #18811 by DjMattiB
Replied by DjMattiB on topic Re: Cubo 15
A quick question for everyone,

When installing top hats for pole mounts are you cutting the angle brace short or just notching it?

I also thought what about cutting the brace in half and making two braces like the visible ones.

Can't wait to hear your suggestions,

Dj Matti B

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #18812 by stevediablo
Replied by stevediablo on topic Re: Cubo 15
I notched mine out...

More
12 years 1 month ago #18817 by anjmoor
Replied by anjmoor on topic Re: Cubo 15

More
11 years 10 months ago #19128 by Lewcorb
Replied by Lewcorb on topic Re: Cubo 15
Hi guys,
I'm not sure if this has already been asked and if it has muchos apologies, but does it make a difference in sound depending on which way round the diver is mounted? Just curious to know really and i'm looking to build some of these to begin my system with :)

More
11 years 10 months ago #19129 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Re: Cubo 15
It sounds and measures slightly different. Magnet in the horn is a good start.

Best regards

Cubo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lewcorb

More
11 years 9 months ago #19149 by racer59
Replied by racer59 on topic Cubo15
I have a pair of older Pevey band pass subs that I would like to take the drivers out of and put them in this cabinet. I have (4) 1505-8DT Black Widow speakers that are driven with (2) QSC usa 850 amps bridged mono. What do you think? Will it work? Also, I can't find the plans for the extended version. How big is the additional piece, where does it go, and is there an angle to be cut? Thanks!

More
11 years 9 months ago #19173 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Re: Cubo 15
Cubo 15 Extended is recommended but both Cubo 15 models will work for the 1505-8DT Black Widow.

It can take more then the USA 850 will throw at it, so it should be safe while it still packs some punch. Non other the less a high pass filter is recommended.

It's a single 18.4 x 58.4 cm panel, that's mounted on the 23.8 cm panel, to extend the horn length in return for a smaller rear chamber. If you send an e-mail to questionsaboutcubo at gmail dot com, I'll send the Extended plan from there.

Best regards

Cubo
The following user(s) said Thank You: racer59

More
11 years 8 months ago #19327 by racer59
So I looked inside the old subs that I have and it turns out the drivers are not 1505 DT's. They are Peavey Black Widow 1505-8KA. Will they work? What will happen if I do use them? Or am I shopping for new drivers? I am running out of cash for this project so I am disappointed I have the wrong drivers.

More
11 years 8 months ago #19343 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Re: Cubo15
IIRC, the KA has quite a small Xmax compared to the DT, however I also seem to remember that you're using an amplifier that delivers only 200 - 300 W per driver (with a 40 - 50 Hz high pass) about the power a KA could take. So still, it should be good.

Just remember that with a good driver and matching amplifier you could get about 5 dB or more out of it. Almost the same effect as doubling your system ;)

Best regards

Cubo

More
11 years 8 months ago #19344 by racer59
From what I read, the QSC 850 puts out 1100 watts when bridged mono at 4 ohms. That should work if I run two speakers off one amp. (I have 2 amps) Am I figuring that right? I also found out that I can use the magnets on my KA drivers on DT baskets. (Replacement baskets are half the price of complete drivers.)
The build is going well so far. I teach woodworking at a high school and can use the nice tools in our shop. I will have pictures.
When I set up my system how should I place the subs? This is going to be used mostly for live rock bands. 2 on each side of the stage horns down? 2 on each side of the stage horns together (cabinets on their side)? Stack all 4 cabinets together, two wide and two high, horns together? This will determine where to install rubber feet.

Time to create page: 0.338 seconds